Recent Boardman FS review

nasha48
nasha48 Posts: 231
Hi guys. Seen the Boardman FS Pro review today by Oli Woodman. Just wondering if he actually rode the bike himself? Asking simply as there is a frame size comment in the review and Oli appears to be 6'3" and I'm 6'1" so trying to figure if the frame fit would be an issue for me or not?

If this message could be forwarded to him for a reply (if he rode the bike, of course), then it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Leigh

Comments

• Hey Leigh,

I'll send a message onto Oli now!
    BikeRadar Communities Manager
  • nasha48
    Cheers Josh, great
  • Hey Leigh, sorry for the delayed response. Here's Oli's reply:

"the large would probably fit someone at 6ft1 okay, but I'd say it's about the limit so would come down to personal preference"

Hope this helps!
  • nasha48
    Thanks Josh + Oli, helpful to know. Clearly need a test ride to decide for sure then.

For what it's worth, Boardman themselves have just informed me they are releasing an XL frame for this bike in July this year - sounds like they've reacted to the critical reviews!

Cheers again.

Leigh
  • No worries.

Yep, get out on a test ride! Good luck!
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    A lot also depends where your height is - if you are like me and have long legs (35 inch), a giant forehead and a relatively short upper body, then paradoxically I often need a shorter size than recomendations. No better way to find out then trying them, if you can.