So called celebrity opens mouth and crap pours out

Comments

• smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    #facepalm!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Hardly surprising unfortunately. This bit made me chuckle "former president of the Ramblers' Association". Are ramblers not known for generally being trouble makers only interested in their own point of view. They want the right to roam but moan about anyone else. Also " why cyclists should get preferential treatment over pedestrians" have pedestrians not had pavements for quite some time now?
  • shmooster
    shmooster Posts: 335
    I saw her at the premiere of the Lance Armstrong film "The Program", must have made her really hate cyclists.

I've seen her on various programmes as a rent a gob, and her outspokenness is about evenly matched by her stupidity.
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    shmooster wrote:
    I've seen her on various programmes as a rent a gob, and her outspokenness is about evenly matched by her stupidity.

+1

"If you've nothing worthwhile to say, say nothing"

However, she'd be a long way down my list of "celebs" who'd be walking the plank come the revolution

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • cookeeemonster
    cookeeemonster Posts: 1,991
    No need to get too angry, pretty much no one will have seen that show anyway!!
  • jamieh5463
    jamieh5463 Posts: 223
    Her ignorance is cringeworthy...
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    I thought this was going to be about Hugh Bonneville when I clicked...
  • bigmonka
    bigmonka Posts: 361
    I thought this was going to be about Hugh Bonneville when I clicked...
    I had it down as a Katie Hopkins thread!
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132
    That is quite something. It's because of the bikes that there's so much of a problem from car fumes.

And I could have sworn that there were some pedestrian only areas in London. And some special "lanes" for pedestrians. Who don't have an MOT for their shoes. Or have to wear helmets. You know, some of them even walk after having a drink.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    BigMonka wrote:
    I had it down as a Katie Hopkins thread!
    Same here
  • wolfsbane2k
    wolfsbane2k Posts: 3,056
    Oh the humanity.
    And she continues to be ignorant here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03tm40m
    Intent on Cycling Commuting on a budget, but keep on breaking/crashing/finding nice stuff to buy.
    Bike 1 (Broken) - Bike 2(Borked) - Bike 3(broken spokes) - Bike 4( Needs Work) - Bike 5 (in bits) - Bike 6* ...
  • adambruntlett
    adambruntlett Posts: 257
    Gilligan seems like he can;t quite believe the crap he's having to answer on that clip! He looks so fed up with the tired clichés and keeps looking up despairingly as if to say "Lord, give me strength!"
  • adambruntlett
    adambruntlett Posts: 257
    She's spouting so much drivel and has no idea what she's talking about. Complete moron.
  • Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865
    'In a personal film, which she will debate on Monday’s Daily Politics, the TV presenter and former president of the Ramblers' Association asked why cyclists should get preferential treatment over pedestrians.'

Haven't pedestrians had pavements to separate them from traffic for a while now?
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Quite interesting actually. Watch it with the sound off and consider what type of piece it is. All those buses, cars, cement mixers jostling for limited space. And cyclists whizzing by sometimes unhindered but often not. The images would make for a good advert for the super highways.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    its called re-cycling isnt it...? http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/cyc ... 52376.html

(I know no-one actually read the independent :D but it cropped up on road.cc I think)
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    If, as she says, we cyclists have that much clout, can we use some of it and slap her around her face?
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • shmooster
    shmooster Posts: 335
    Gilligan seems like he can;t quite believe the crap he's having to answer on that clip! He looks so fed up with the tired clichés and keeps looking up despairingly as if to say "Lord, give me strength!"

That was painful to watch. It shows just how much ill-informed opposition there is to making improvements to infrastructure. Similar to the bonkers reaction to the Kingston changes and having no basis in reality.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    That is quite something. It's because of the bikes that there's so much of a problem from car fumes.

I'm surprised that she hasn't blamed the Syrian crisis on cyclists as well.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,132

He's actually surprisingly good.

It's depressing that he had to point out that the cycling superhighway was empty on the film because it hadn't been opened yet.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Gilligan seems to have the patience of a saint. That woman is an idiot.