edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

off to the gym, then office, the day stretches before me like a day

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why - hst
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Chillin' on the couch with bambina supping fresh coffee and reading Rouleur. Not a bad start to the day.

May go for a ride in a bit before coffee at a friend's crib.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Head is rather better than yesterday, the rest of me is not feeling so good. Managed to pedal in to work today, have to drive in for the next few days as the girl has a variety of appointments this week so I'll be busier than a one armed juggler. I've got to go to the pub on the corner tonight as there is talk of having a street party this year, hopefully it won't be a wash out. I've already had too many retail punters on the phone with silly questions.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Spent the weekend being sociable, golf and BBQ on Sat, a tasty 100 miles on Sunday down through N Wales to Chirk then back across into Cheshire followed by a walk (lie down) on the beach before some evening drinks in the sun and a roast dinner.

Got to buy a new chain for the bike though and go shopping for a weekend of hosting. Internet finally sorted at home tomorrow and Sky on Wednesday after the Date cancelled yday's installation
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon all,

Lazy day spent debating beer an bib shorts mainly, did a charity ride yesterday an a spoke on my back wheel went bang which was fun so picking up a replacement later. Never liked doing descents on just a front brake an a super wonky back sure didnt help.
    Minor risk of work though im not pushing it too much. its only Monday after all.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh cheered by a nice 11 mile peddle, return journey is less as I'm meeting the wife in town to pick up the kids whilst she goes off to the theartre
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Afternoon all, today is going pretty well, quite pleasant pedal in and just had a telephone interview for a job that went well.

anyone been on holiday with someone who doesn't like cycling? where is good to go so i can cycle, they can sit on the beach then we can do stuff together after?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Afternoon all, today is going pretty well, quite pleasant pedal in and just had a telephone interview for a job that went well.

anyone been on holiday with someone who doesn't like cycling? where is good to go so i can cycle, they can sit on the beach then we can do stuff together after?

depends on time of year

canary islands are ok much of the year, apr-oct generally ok (but shave off a couple of months each end if you need near certainty of warm+sunny), i like villa rental as you get bags of space, private pool etc., and freedom to cook or eat out as you like, route options/types vary by island but roads/drivers are generally good

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/ is usually good for finding places with the facilities you want, i'd avoid the big villa companies, they aren't as flexible and rates are often crazy
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • chris_bass
    Thanks for all of that.

Not sure on time of year, it would need to be warm and sunny so timing can work around what is best for the destination really.

and as a plan b we can always stay with my sister in Dubai. Not sure if i'd mentioned I've got a sister before!?
  • Flâneur
    I went to Provence with the Date, she hates sport but reads and drinks. Velo Ventoux was good,excellent hosts, lacked a proper pool (she didn't mind too much) some nice places around and a great restaurant, she could drive somewhere meet me and I'd drive us back. No beach though if that is a must.

Done similar out of Nice and other places on the coast in that area. Also over in Biarritz but I was surfing then.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    Flâneur wrote:
    I went to Provence with the Date, she hates sport but reads and drinks. Velo Ventoux was good,excellent hosts, lacked a proper pool (she didn't mind too much) some nice places around and a great restaurant, she could drive somewhere meet me and I'd drive us back. No beach though if that is a must.

Done similar out of Nice and other places on the coast in that area. Also over in Biarritz but I was surfing then.

I think beaches will be required!

is Nice... errrr.. nice?
  • Flâneur
    Old town is, rest of it? just another City. Flower market is great, train line on the coast is decent too. Can't say it is my favourite beach but it exists and is popular. I prefer the place to Cannes.

Places like Grasse are nearby and once you get out of town plenty of good cycling. I quite like the high coastal cliff roads in the area, though the further in the quieter it gets.

Portugal could be another shout or Sicilia
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    I was thinking about Corsica too
  • Flâneur
    I've always liked the idea of Corsica but minor ball ache to get to and I couldn't tell you much about what to do except sail/windsurf and cycle
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Menorca is supposed to very good for cycling and beaches. Haven't tried it yet.

Couldn't avoid work today. Meh.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Afternoon all,

Lazy day spent debating beer an bib shorts mainly, did a charity ride yesterday an a spoke on my back wheel went bang which was fun so picking up a replacement later. Never liked doing descents on just a front brake an a super wonky back sure didnt help.
    Minor risk of work though im not pushing it too much. its only Monday after all.

Are you TLW's brother?!
  • chris_bass
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Afternoon all,

Are you TLW's brother?!

Step brother surely!?
  • veronese68
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Not sure if i'd mentioned I've got a sister before!?
    oh-really-3.png
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,155
    WTF happened to the forum this evening? Couldn't get onto it let alone log in.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    ...and here was me thinking the HP support assistant update was meddling, so I switched it off.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    ...and here was me thinking the HP support assistant update was meddling, so I switched it off.
    No idea what that means but I guess you had a problem too.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

My lap top gets updates from HP. It gets Windows updates and it also gets AVG updates and scans...
    I don't think i've switched the bloody thing on without some sort of frikkin 'update' of one description or another.

Do you think CB finally posted a pic of his sisters Norks and the site was overrun?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Afternoon all,

Are you TLW's brother?!

Step brother surely!?

Sounds like it, likes to drink and fix things. It's a shame I didn't get the 2nd gene
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

My lap top gets updates from HP. It gets Windows updates and it also gets AVG updates and scans...
    I don't think i've switched the bloody thing on without some sort of frikkin 'update' of one description or another.

Do you think CB finally posted a pic of his sisters Norks and the site was overrun?
    Unfortunately I can't find any pics after a considerable amount of searching.
  • Flâneur
    go find pictures of cats
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Unfortunately I can't find any pics after a considerable amount of searching.
    They were removed to the special section that only those in red or green can see as they broke forum rules, too good to get them deleted though. Aye Karumba!