Trek Emonda SLR

bernithebiker
bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
edited May 2016 in Road buying advice
Anyone got one of these?

Need to get a new frame and tempted by one.

Or do I stick with what I know and get an Sworks Tarmac (and no need to buy new cranks and brakes). (BB86 and direct mount on the Trek).

Emonda is 300g lighter frame than the Sworks, FWIW.

Comments

• teebs_123
    teebs_123 Posts: 357
    Anyone got one of these?

Need to get a new frame and tempted by one.

Or do I stick with what I know and get an Sworks Tarmac (and no need to buy new cranks and brakes). (BB86 and direct mount on the Trek).

Emonda is 300g lighter frame than the Sworks, FWIW.

Not ridden one myself, but my LBS is a Trek dealer and mentioned they've shifted quite a few.

I have a Emonda sl8 (2015) and I can't praise it enough.
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • 288GTO
    288GTO Posts: 79
    I have been test riding bikes with race geomatry in the last two weeks. Those include the Trek Emonda SLR 6, Canondale SuperSix, Giant TCR Advanced SL 2, and Specialized Tarmac Pro Race. The TCR and Emonda were my favorite with the sight edge going to the TCR.
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    288GTO wrote:
    I have been test riding bikes with race geomatry in the last two weeks. Those include the Trek Emonda SLR 6, Canondale SuperSix, Giant TCR Advanced SL 2, and Specialized Tarmac Pro Race. The TCR and Emonda were my favorite with the sight edge going to the TCR.

Useful stuff.....

Guess I should point out that I would go for the H1 (racey) geometry on the Trek which I would imagine would ride quite differently to the H2.