Aches n pains Saturday

Stevo_666
Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
Woken up too early because the dog needed a leak :roll: Yesterday's aches and pains have developed nicely overnight fortunately no major damage done.

The big Championship decider is on today so the football will be a tense affair. Other than that lots of jobs to make amends for being away enjoying myself...
"I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Not enough sleep last night :(

Done a few jobs, now knackered - petrol strimers get heavy after a while :(

Bit of wall paper stripping then going to do some work whilst watching a film with the kids

Then of to town for a rowing regatta - well sitting on a river bank with a picnic and champagne then back here with friends for a meal and more ale
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Morning

Trying to find the motivation/energy/inclination to take the toots for a walk and get rid of some of that enviable extra energy. Why are cats and children always the wrong side of a door?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    slightly cool first thing, but warmed up doing hill repeats then very pleasant

though the insects are swarming, not sure how many hit me in the face, but the one that went up my nose was especially annoying

tweaked position of my shifters again, the etap ones are smaller than the original red, think i've got them right now; really should redo the bar tape, i tried something other than fizik and it's gone grey about a hundred times faster, new roll of fizik is waiting for me to do it, but not today, planning to veg out
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all, just.
    Traditional slow start was had, managed to chat to the Mrs for the first time since Monday as it's been a bit manic. Boy isn't back from last nights pissup. He sent a text to say he was up and should make it back by midday. Out to a 50th birthday bash tonight, that's really old. Might ache in the morning.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    TLW1 wrote:

Bit of wall paper stripping then going to do some work whilst watching a film with the kids

Then of to town for a rowing regatta - well sitting on a river bank with a picnic and champagne then back here with friends for a meal and more ale
    Stay off the grog for a week and you'll be able to afford the plumbing bill.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

He's more likely to stay off the plumbing for a week to afford the grog :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

He's more likely to stay off the plumbing for a week to afford the grog :)

:)
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Not the only one getting woken up by the dog then, two nights running the hairy beast :evil:

Three hours on diverge today on and off road, it is like a 1990's MTB off road and can take some handling in places. Like a whippet on road but sore hands now :!:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Think I may be suffering more aches and pains in the morning.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Think I may be suffering more aches and pains in the morning.
    HOW IS YOUR HEAD VERONESE? :P
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ouch!
    Coffee and bacon for you...

Neck, shoulders and arms still a bit stiff. I think we pushed it a bit hard on Friday.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Just for you VN:

VTninJy.gif
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    flickering animation can be really unpleasant if you are badly hungover
    thats-cool-gif-wallpaper-2.jpgtumblr_m4tbbuv1Yi1qc0k4ao1_500.gif0_0_0_613702970_middle.gif

if exposed to it, you end up like this

gorillapsychogif.gif

so just be careful what you look at
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny