Proper Off-Topic - Classics Racing

meanredspider
meanredspider Posts: 12,337
edited May 2016 in Commuting chat
Here's the first of 3 videos of my race at Silverstone. 40 minute race, 40 cars, and I came 2nd by 1.4s overtaken on the last lap (I didn't know I was leading)

https://youtu.be/fXlAgYshKK0

Great fun though.
ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Excellent, had to close it down as I really should at least pretend to do some work. Will try to watch it over the weekend.
    What other races are you doing this season?
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Good effort that. Id love to give classics racing a crack at some point.
  • meanredspider
    Veronese68 wrote:
    What other races are you doing this season?

Brands next (June) then I was supposed to be doing Spa but registered too late.
    Anglesey, Thruxton, Cadwell - though might be away, Oulton, Donington
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Should try to take the lad to Brands, he can drive me in the Mini.
    Popping into town today saw a 1928 Amilcar with an aero engine in it parked down the road. 12 litres, chain drive and only front brakes. Only 2 gears and would pull 128mph. Brave man racing that.
  • meanredspider
    Would be great to see you there.

Yes - there were some amazing machines in the early days driven by men with balls the size of planets!
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Should try to take the lad to Brands, he can drive me in the Mini.
    Popping into town today saw a 1928 Amilcar with an aero engine in it parked down the road. 12 litres, chain drive and only front brakes. Only 2 gears and would pull 128mph. Brave man racing that.

even not racing, just some of the driving/working nr my folks place which is a very steep gorge, had quarry running in the early parts of last century with lorries driving up and down some very steep road, the one they had to use averages 20%.

driving down that with a full load on a 1930 lorry must of taken some balls!

my folks when they bought the place in the 1970 went though most of the local lorry firms delivering sand or what ever to do the house up. but only down the hill if you directed them up they would refuse, while down they couldn't stop so had to deliver, though wouldn't come back....