famous last words friday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

it's sunny, having a day off from globalmegacorp, although dilbert is based on a different company, there are times the match is uncanny

off for an easy ride and some cafe stops
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Beautiful morning, lovely ride in the sunshine that was only spoiled by the destination. Was just chatting to a punter on the phone and I commented that his address sounded like it would be rather picturesque, he was talking about sunshine and ducklings on the pond and said would you rather be anywhere else. I said not in an office in Feltham. Next bloke on the phone was heading out to Lake Como in a TR4. I thought I'd rather be there, HD ya barsteward!
    Dead pig for lunch and an early departure for POETS day. Roll on the weekend.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah Friday

Working from home as I need to visit the dentist, so early start to ensure it's not a late finish, as its Friday & pub day :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Dentist ? Oh bollox, thanks for reminding me. I think i'm due there at 2.15.

Was hoping to go for a pedal today after I ascertain whether I can breathe or not.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Surely it should be at 2:30.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

There's no thurty, it's just routine.

I think that if you don't have the full compliment of teeth, you should get a discount.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I think that if you don't have the full compliment of teeth, you should get a discount.
    Make sure they don't drill a hole into your nasal passage.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Not drill, rip. :evil:
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I feel mean for laughing at TLW having to pay for a new heating system (having done it myself 18 months ago) and mine was half the size.

Anyway a day of work then maybe sorting out my CV, I need a new challenge given the Date has become a longer term thing so the dating game isnt a challenge. My bike handling will forever be poor so no challenge there.

MTB then pub tonight I think
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

There's plenty of types of sealant out there.

Lets look at the evidence:

Dodgy dizzy daughter.
    Dodgy back garden wall.
    Dodgy neighbours.
    Dodgy parking arrangements.
    Very 'lived in' house but slightly on the dodgy side.
    Dodgy diet.

It all adds up to something very... dodgy?
  • veronese68
    You forgot to mention that I work in the motor trade.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Me an dentists have a love hate relationship, I hate them, they love my money.

Lovely outside now after a cool start. Still a load of morons huddling around in heavy coats. Their Spanish but even so come on! Its 24c outside but looking at them youd think it was mid winter. Still I have an alleged summery yogurt an a bottle of pop to while away the next 3.5 hours then its BBQ time
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I had to see the dentist yesterday, it was one I hadn't seen before and she asked about my diet and I mentioned i did a bit of exercise and she asked if it was cycling because i looked like a cyclist! Having initially taken it as a compliment I think it is probably due to my lack of any sort of upper body!!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • tlw1
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I had to see the dentist yesterday, it was one I hadn't seen before and she asked about my diet and I mentioned i did a bit of exercise and she asked if it was cycling because i looked like a cyclist! Having initially taken it as a compliment I think it is probably due to my lack of any sort of upper body!!

Or were you in lycra?
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

Or were you in lycra?
    Was he wearing a helmet? More importantly, did he wave?
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

Or were you in lycra?

I blame wiggle
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    wiggle and there £20 order for free delivery, was there a thread on that whilst I was away?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Salve ragazzi

Lovely ride in, sun shining, good day at work, bit of mild flirtation with jaw dropping MILF type, back home early to chill out with bambino and eat cheese on toast while he does his birthday Lego.

All round rather spiffing.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Friday! How did that happen :D

Spent the day hanging an exhibition for the opening tomorrow, going to a different gallery to see a preview tomorrow, big new gallery so should be fun, obviously I mean that in an intellectual way not as in sliding down a muddy hill on my arse in Wales with the remains of my bike up a tree kind of fun, but comes with an all you can drink buffet :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

Or were you in lycra?

I blame wiggle

no lycra, no helmet (bike helmet that is!), although i can't promise I didn't wiggle a bit!!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    team47b wrote:
    Friday! How did that happen :D

Spent the day hanging an exhibition for the opening tomorrow, going to a different gallery to see a preview tomorrow, big new gallery so should be fun, obviously I mean that in an intellectual way not as in sliding down a muddy hill on my ars* in Wales with the remains of my bike up a tree kind of fun, but comes with an all you can drink buffet :D
    Funny you should mention that...only there was no mud, I think heat stroke was the biggest hazard today :)

Spent part of the day getting to grips with a tricky black run, amusingly named 'Dai Hard'. Bruise hard more like it. More work needed on that next month.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]