pinno Posts: 51,199
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
Update? Pics?
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    I thought it was an off licence?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    I thought it was being turned into a Distillery and Brewery, taking inspiration from his Avatar.

That would be some house warming party.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I thought it was being turned into a Distillery and Brewery, taking inspiration from his Avatar.

I imagine it as being like the 'Titty Twister' from that film 'From Dusk Till Dawn'. Or maybe Bob's Country Bunker from The Blues Brothers.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    if I post pictures up, Vtec will check the meta data and know where I live...................
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I imagine it as being like the 'Titty Twister' from that film 'From Dusk Till Dawn'. Or maybe Bob's Country Bunker from The Blues Brothers.

Not the house in Beetlejuice ?
  • tlw1
    update one................. finally got a quote for the central heating

QUOTATION
    Following our recent conversation, we have pleasure in submitting our quotation and specification for your approval.

Remove existing boiler and heating system. (Customer to remove asbestos flue)
    Remove hot water cylinder and tanks.
    Install full central heating system.
    Install secondary hot water pipe work to incorporate secondary return pump.

Installation to comprise:
    • Worcester Greenstar Utility 32/50 Condensing Regular Oil Boiler
    • Vertical Flue Kit
    • Worcester System Filter 28mm
    • Honeywell Evohome Wi-Fi Controls
    • 17x Thermostatic Radiator Valves with Honeywell HR92UK Evohome Controllers
    • 2x Heated Chrome Straight Towel Rails
    • 17x Central Heating Radiators
    • Secondary Return Pump
    • Sealed System Kit
    • Grundfoss Light Commercial Pump
    • Zone Valve
    • 250 Litre Unvented Hot Water Cylinder
    • Oil Fire Safety Valve
    • Associated Tube and Fittings
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    500 notes?

no :(
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,437
    9,274 quid?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    17 radiators, haha that is going to rinse you
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    My guestimation - £6k+ for that malarkey.

Get 1 wetback wood burner and 1 dry back (aga cooker?) burner plumbed in and some solar panels to back the system up. Hot water for the summer months when you don't want to light a fire and some heat through the system to counteract the ebb and flow of the wood burners output during winter.

2.5 KW's per room. So, a 16kw wood burner given proper insulation, should heat up 6 rooms amicably.
  • tlw1
    The guesses so far don't add up to the quote :(

Already got an aga but the plumbers all seem keep to isolate it and do the hot water via a pressurised system (currently got two hot water tanks, one of the aga and one of the boiler)
  • pinno
    Aaaaargh. Not one of those pressurised systems?

Make it pressurised and add a de-neutraliser valve or two to counteract the pressurised system. I'd get a different plumber.

It's a bit like a 7 series BMW. Refined, luxurious, fast... ah but then, take a big car that has inherent problems because it's big and add a whole load of technology like traction control, electronic stability management, LSD's and computer managed anti-roll functions to overcome and enhance handling when the fact that it has inherent problems...
    Do you see where I am coming from?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    We've got 5 radiators and 2 towel rails. :oops:
    If the price is going to be that high is it not worth looking at left field eco type stuff? Aren't there heat exchanger systems that take heat from underground and other weirdness like that?
  • tlw1
    looked at a few hippy solutions, but we don't think this is a forever house, so payback isn't quick enough & would put a stop on a few of the other projects (buying some land and building a MTB track)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    TLW1 wrote:
    looked at a few hippy solutions, but we don't think this is a forever house, so payback isn't quick enough & would put a stop on a few of the other projects (buying some land and building a MTB track)
    Understandable, I know which sound like more fun.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Understandable, I know which sound like more fun.

the issue is, the wife's request for a new bathrooms & kitchen is before that
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    use stevo to filter the money off so the accounts show those rooms cant be paid for yet, whilst building your mtb track
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    Flâneur wrote:
    use stevo to filter the money off so the accounts show those rooms cant be paid for yet, whilst building your mtb track

This whilst a good idea assumes two things, one stevo survives the downhill day and two his charges are less than the costs
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

This whilst a good idea assumes two things, one stevo survives the downhill day and two his charges are less than the costs

That's a bit like spending money on a piggy bank and then you've no money left to put in the piggy bank.
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

One out of two isn't bad :wink:
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

So the assumption that the charges will be greater than the costs is correct then?
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

So the assumption that the charges will be greater than the costs is correct then?

Or Mrs tax mitigation wants to see who wants to see her Norks
  • Stevo_666
    I think I forgot to mention that...