homers_double Posts: 7,976
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
Just getting on the beer! Happy Happy!
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    heathrow?

when you get off the plane on your return, run, the bloody egates are all out of service for refit and there aren't enough manual desks left (let alone staffed) to compensate, queues can get backed up well into the approach corridors

aside from that, lovely sunny day out, been to gym, off to office, hoping various new bike related shiny shiny things arrive today
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Manchester? Dislike that terminal for arrival, E gates work, except people are stupid and there are never more than 2 on passport control.

Sun is shining bike will be out, the toy ofc
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Up early as the EPO is working a polling station, lovely and sunny for the ride in and warm enough that I bared my knees for all to see. Nearly collected a whippet on the way in, stupid owner laughing probably deserved a slap because I don't blame the dog for being a dog. Rather tired now as I've been up since shortly after 5am with the traditional Thursday mild hangover on top. Coffee will be needed soon.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    first ride of the year without tights/warmers, only a commute but it was an excuse to stop for a coffee on the way and sit outside the cafe to bask in the sunshine :)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Not sure i'd have made the office had I cycled anywhere never mind stopped for an espresso
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Another 2 hours in the office then it's off down the M4 to Wales. A van assisted date with gravity beckons for tomorrow, although before that there is beer and pub grub to be had - got to fuel up for an arduous day tomorrow :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Wahey! It's raining :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    I wouldn't fancy going to Heathrow for a holiday, too many people milling about.

Work followed by more work and a sunny ride home.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Oh yeah, have a good time HD.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    nice day here! I even wore fingerless gloves on my ride this morning! crazy!

Chainset and shifters have arrived, wheels turned up yesterday, it is beginning to take shape!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Sun shining, bike Rollin' sleeveless tops a wear in' plumbers not freakin' turning upin'

Why do they bother texting you in the morning with a time they will be there if they don't bother turning up? Or are they just taunting me?

Oh well, bangers 'n' mash for dinner so at least that's a winner.

Ciao
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    So I finish work early, 20 minutes into a sun drenched ride encapsulated in a glorious countryside landscape and the mobile goes. Should I answer it, mmm fuck it,mmmm maybe it's important....fuck I'll answer it .

The outcome is good but the timing sucks.

Now I've three weeks to build something the client has taken about 12 months to decide.....
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • chris_bass
    I have a stupid quesion - can I use a medium cage rear mech with a cassette that doesn't need it (28t) to allow me to put a bigger cassette on if i go mountain seeking at any point in the future? or will it cause shifting issues?

in other news I think i may have caught the sun a bit today! damn my pale skin and blond locks!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I have a stupid quesion - can I use a medium cage rear mech with a cassette that doesn't need it (28t) to allow me to put a bigger cassette on if i go mountain seeking at any point in the future? or will it cause shifting issues?

in other news I think i may have caught the sun a bit today! damn my pale skin and blond locks!

I have a medium cage on my Wilier with a 34/50 compact - rear cassette 12-27 with no issues. You can use a long cage on a short cassette but not a short mech on a long cassette, if that makes any sense. It's just you might be carrying extra chain.

Today Bingo. Baler is up and running. Finished the last steel can run ever in the long history of the Gulag to end all Gulag's.
    10 x 8 shed fitted and finished by Tilly lamp till late last nigh- perfectly hung at the right height so that I could bang my off it frequently.
    Ho hum. Pedalling tomorrow.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Steak, gammon, chips and onion rings washed down with wine and cider. And an Irish coffee to finish :) Well I say an Irish coffee but this being Wales they just charge you £1.50 extra to lob a shot of whisky into an Americano :D

Downhilling tomorrow and the weather looks good 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    thanks V68 and Pinno - that is what i thought but thought i'd check! The main reason for asking was I had a medium cage rear mech and didn't really want to buy a short cage one for the new frame if i could avoid it!