Trek Domane SLR 7

alanO
alanO Posts: 13
edited May 2016 in Your road bikes
Hi all,

A few Pics of my new Domane SLR 7, I think I might have a bit of a Domane "thing" going on here as my other bike is a Domane 2.3.
I went for Rim brakes and DI2 E-Shifting.
I know I have MTB pedals on it, it does feel a little dirty :oops: but they work for me.
Steerer tube will be trimmed when I am sure the drop on the bars is correct for me.
I don't have any big plans for additions, apart from another bidon cage

IMG_0332_zpsfbkst6n0.jpg

Front ISO speed lives under the cap at the top of the head tube.
IMG_0336_zpsdsgnapzz.jpg
IMG_0335_zpszq9mfajs.jpg

Rear Adjustable ISO speed.
IMG_0334_zps6flldtws.jpg

Comments

• gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Want one.
  • rando
    rando Posts: 285
    Very nice. :D
  • stanthomas
    stanthomas Posts: 265
    I'd be interested in your views as to how much of a step up it is from the standard Domane. In particular, does the front IsoSpeed give a noticeably better ride and how useful is the adustability of the rear IsoSpeed?
  • loumacari
    loumacari Posts: 19
    Not a massive Trek fan but I do like the new domanes. looks good. Assuming that's your kitchen don't forget to upload the pics to the 'kitchens/sofas' thread! (think you might be the first with a log burning stove. Classic.)
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Nice bike, grate fireplace!
  • iron-clover
    iron-clover Posts: 737
    That is a very nice machine. I do like the Madones.
    As above it will be interesting to hear how you find it compared to the older model.
  • alanO
    alanO Posts: 13
    Hi all,
    Thanks for the kind words...

I did a quick and dirty test the day I got the SLR, and posted my thoughts in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=40042&t=13063750&start=20

In essence , it is a huge step up on an Alu 2.3 Domane, and IMO the front ISO speed works very well, as does the rear adjustable ISO speed.
    If I am honest, I can't see me adjusting the rear on a regular basis, I reckon it will stay at the bottom setting for the majority of it's life. I understand it's a personal thing, but I am not sure I would want to make my ride "less comfortable" on purpose.

Yep it is my kitchen.. It's lovely sitting in there on a winters day with the fire on and a cup of tea in my hand.... :D

ATB
    alanO