Genesis Datum 20/10

antlaff
antlaff Posts: 583
edited May 2016 in Your road bikes
Got my hands on this to replace/substitute my Commuter. Its the Datum 10 in glorious red, but with spec from the Datum 20 (full 105 including hydraulic brakes). I have taken it on 2 commutes and a 45 miles blast...so comfy and when she gets up to speed rolls so well!

Spec as below

Frame 24/30T Monocoque Carbon Road Disc w/ Tapered Headtube & Fully Internal Cable Routing
Fork Full Carbon Fork w/ 1-1/2" - 1-1/8" Tapered Steerer &
Headset FSA Orbit C-40 / No.42 Integrated
Colour Post Box Red
Weight 9.04kg (Med w/o pedals)
Shifters Shimano ST-RS505
Rr Der. Shimano 105 RD-5800-GS
Fr Der. Shimano 105 FD-5800
Chainset Shimano 105 FC-5800, 50/34T
BB Shimano BB-RS500, Press-fit 86.5mm
Chain KMC X11
Cassette Shimano CS-HG5800, 11-32T
Wheels Fulcrum Racing Sport
Tyres Challenge Strada Bianca CL Plus, 700x33c
Brakes Shimano BR-RS505 w/ SM-RT86 160mm Icetech Rotors
Finishing Kit Genesis
Pedals Look Keo Max 2

26207837043_48269b5523_k.jpg26811857405_7843bd99d0_k.jpg
26207840023_400131f123_k.jpg

will be adding Thule Pack 'n Pedal Tour Rack for the commute and mudguards...just haven't decided which ones!

Comments

• lawman
    lawman Posts: 6,868
    Another Datum, these things are like hens teeth!! :lol:

Had mine for 4 months now and am loving it, mines also a 10 but with the stock build, only change so far has been swapping the Genesis saddle to a Fabric scoop. Will likely be changing tyres soon though, the Strada Biancas are awesome but do seem to cut up a little easily, I've got 3 or 4 big slices in the tread so far. Fancy some Schwalbe G-ones as I plan to do a bit more off-road riding on it over the summer and happy to trade off a little speed on the road.

Any other changes planned yourself? How are you finding the hydro brakes? I've seen a few sets and while they feel great power and control wise I'm not a huge fan of the shape of the hoods.
  • I want one so bad !! Beautiful !!!
  • antlaff
    lawman wrote:
    Another Datum, these things are like hens teeth!! :lol:

Had mine for 4 months now and am loving it, mines also a 10 but with the stock build, only change so far has been swapping the Genesis saddle to a Fabric scoop. Will likely be changing tyres soon though, the Strada Biancas are awesome but do seem to cut up a little easily, I've got 3 or 4 big slices in the tread so far. Fancy some Schwalbe G-ones as I plan to do a bit more off-road riding on it over the summer and happy to trade off a little speed on the road.

Any other changes planned yourself? How are you finding the hydro brakes? I've seen a few sets and while they feel great power and control wise I'm not a huge fan of the shape of the hoods.

Yeah a friend had said his Strada's didnt last at all...Will be upgrading wheels at some stage and probably go for 30mm option - tubeless. The saddle will be going .... trying to talk the boss to buy her husband the Brooks C13...falling on deaf ears at the moment! The hoods are not great size wise, but find them comfortable and brakes are soo smooth. Cant belief how well the bike rolls and fast enough for 33mm.
  • Nice bike - I really fancy one of these myself as a winter/commuter/all rounder kinda bike. Perfect for imperfect British roads :) May I ask how you came to get one with the colour of the Datum 10, but the spec of the 20? I reckon the red of the 10 is much nicer than the grey of the 20, but I'd want the spec of the 20.
  • antlaff
    Nice bike - I really fancy one of these myself as a winter/commuter/all rounder kinda bike. Perfect for imperfect British roads :) May I ask how you came to get one with the colour of the Datum 10, but the spec of the 20? I reckon the red of the 10 is much nicer than the grey of the 20, but I'd want the spec of the 20.

I had agreed to buy the 20 from LBS but wanted 10 frame. A guy came in and wanted the 20 frame only so LBS swapped all over. worked out well...love it....