warming wednesday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

temperature slowly creeping up, perhaps it'll soon reach the dizzying heights of twenty

we live in great times
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    It was warm today's much shorter commute was in a t-shirt :)
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    still arm warmers territory
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Where do you guys live?! I just spent 47 minutes pedaling into a headwind with the ever present threat of a downpour. I guess 8 degrees is marginally warmer than it has been but it didn't feel like it with the wind :(
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Lovely and sunny here in SW London, bit fresh at 7am though. Supposedly it will hit the heady heights of 18 degrees. Unfortunately I had to drive in as I need to collect the EPO and some ballot boxes later. At least this means I'm bunking off at4. Just had an email from a customer in Oz saying he's had £50 put behind the bar for me in my local. What a great bloke, should be a good night tonight.
  • roger_merriman
    roger_merriman Posts: 6,165
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,
    Lovely and sunny here in SW London, bit fresh at 7am though. Supposedly it will hit the heady heights of 18 degrees. Unfortunately I had to drive in as I need to collect the EPO and some ballot boxes later. At least this means I'm bunking off at4. Just had an email from a customer in Oz saying he's had £50 put behind the bar for me in my local. What a great bloke, should be a good night tonight.

Was lovely last night, no headwind!
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,

I had a headwind last night :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    HaydenM wrote:
    Where do you guys live?! I just spent 47 minutes pedaling into a headwind with the ever present threat of a downpour. I guess 8 degrees is marginally warmer than it has been but it didn't feel like it with the wind :(

They are liars principally (and skulking loafers, pimps, prostitutes, fakirs, soothsayers and tramps).

When you realise that the rats (who frequent the sewer that is Bottom Bracket) do not appreciate beautiful yet functional Italian bike components, it is difficult to believe a word they say.

Now more coffee. Later more coffee.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,

It's ok TLW, uncle Seany is here now, tell me all about it petal? Roadworks? 46miles? Over two and a half hours? Don't miss out any suffering.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Short sleeves and shorts for me this morning you bunch of softies.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

They are liars principally (and skulking loafers, pimps, prostitutes, fakirs, soothsayers and tramps).

When you realise that the rats (who frequent the sewer that is Bottom Bracket) do not appreciate beautiful yet functional Italian bike components, it is difficult to believe a word they say.

All Italian road bikes and gears for me
  • tlw1
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,

It's ok TLW, uncle Seany is here now, tell me all about it petal? Roadworks? 46miles? Over two and a half hours? Don't miss out any suffering.

Did a better route so only 40 miles, but headwind and knackered meant 2.20 - happy now?
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

A man of distinction, taste and quality. Now stick the boot into these b4stards who refuse to f*ck off:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13063752&start=20#p19863061
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    200 + mile round trip in shirt and trousers for me.

The upside is I'll finish early and go home to put the finishing touches to my suitcase for the second long weekend in a row.

Onwards to tomorrow's 6am pint of Peroni!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

A man of distinction, taste and quality.
    Didn't you call him a heathen and all sorts of other things for putting carbon bars on his Colnago? Make your mind up, your bike snobbery, particularly towards Campy, know no bounds. :P
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Didn't you call him a heathen and all sorts of other things for putting carbon bars on his Colnago? Make your mind up, your bike snobbery, particularly towards Campy, know no bounds. :P

Don't forget the carbon wheels, seat post and since the pictures I've added a stem
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

A man of distinction, taste and quality. Now stick the boot into these b4stards who refuse to f*ck off:

viewtopic.php?f=30005&t=13063752&start=20#p19863061

Sure you want me to join the campy debate, my gears were playing up this morning
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Pinno wrote:
    Which components are those?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2016
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Is does 'Campy' kit come in carbon? Big conumdrum for someone....
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Both my bikes are Campag. Speaking of which, why are 11t Chorus cassettes around £20 more expensive than 12t? Annoying. I live in Norfolk so the 11t actually gets used.
  • Stevo_666
    I live in Norfolk so the 11t actually gets used.
    So where are the downhill bits in Norfolk exactly? We'll be up your way in the summer hols so it might be worth bringing the real bike (complete with SRAM) :P
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    So where are the downhill bits in Norfolk exactly? We'll be up your way in the summer hols so it might be worth bringing the real bike (complete with SRAM) :P
    Headwinds are murder out there, but the tailwinds...
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Yes, but at least he's on the right track.

@Stevo - Carbon Campag bits?! :roll: Clueless oik.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Pinno once thought Stevo may have been civilized if not just a bit uncouth, now well how did god ever let such a person walk this earth.

On that note, I think I may go home after these emails
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Result, I'm currently wearing flip flops.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    Result, I'm currently wearing flip flops.

Gout?
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Headwinds are murder out there, but the tailwinds...

Is correct. Amittedly I have compacts fitted so my original statment isn't as macho as it sounds but there are plenty of occasions when a 12t isn't enough to go full bore on a decent flat road with the wind behind you. Or to look at it another way, if you can get away with a 23 at one end then you will use an 11 at the other a lot more. My front mech hardly ever gets used unless I head up to the north Norfolk coast, couple of bumps there where it's necessary.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/campagnolo-super-record-11-speed-carbon-double-groupset?gclid=COn9s-b6wMwCFWoz0wod6kUICw

What's this then, Signore Campysnob?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Just trying out the touriga nacional, just as smooth as campagnolo, velvety smooth in fact :D

Weather bla, temperature bla, wind bla. :roll:
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/campagnolo-super-record-11-speed-carbon-double-groupset?gclid=COn9s-b6wMwCFWoz0wod6kUICw

What's this then, Signore Campysnob?

You said:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Is does 'Campy' kit come in carbon? Big conumdrum for someone....

As if Campagnolo didn't do Carbon!!
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Wow, windy but sunny and warm enough to comfortably wear shorts and a short sleeve top......

Looks like another ride tomorrow as the forecast is the same.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu