omg it's tuesday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,437
edited May 2016 in The bottom bracket
been to gym, pleasantly sunny out first thing

really should make a move to go to office, but it definitely feels like sunday, so i'm all confused

maybe it'll wear off later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Glad to be back at work for a rest after this weekend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    The internet is barely working in the office so I'm really struggling to procrastinate today.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    I couldn't say I'm glad to be at work, but I'm certainly glad to be resting. Lovely and sunny down here this morning, probably because I had to drive in. I expect it will rain on Thursday as I will have to ride in then. I've decided I need a lottery win to get myself one of these:
    leadimage-riva-aquarama-lamborghini-350-gt.jpg
    Obviously I'd need a house on the Italian lakes to go with it.
  • homers_double
    I may need one of those. On thursday we should be departing via Terminal three to somewhere warm, sunny and European however the little button I press on my phone which should show me a big yellow globe isn't behaving.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Tired after a weekend of decorating and manflu.

Decided to test myself with a ride into work, first time from the new house to the chester office and not much fun thanks to a couple of road closures - hopefully the ride home will be less than 45 miles :(
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    +1

At least it's a 2.5 day week for me before a trip to Wales on Thursday. Other than that I'm catching up with all the stuff from the overseas offices that weren't on holiday yesterday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    One day (today) in the office for me this week as I'm off out to a site meeting tomorrow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I couldn't say I'm glad to be at work, but I'm certainly glad to be resting. Lovely and sunny down here this morning, probably because I had to drive in. I expect it will rain on Thursday as I will have to ride in then. I've decided I need a lottery win to get myself one of these:
    leadimage-riva-aquarama-lamborghini-350-gt.jpg
    Obviously I'd need a house on the Italian lakes to go with it.
    Boat or car?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Was quite nice this morning, but raining now!

After accidentally starting a sram v campag debate/squabble i have decided to go with Dura Ace! DA for shifters and chainset and ultegra for brakes and mechs and 105 for the chain and cassette.

Still need to decide on the seat post, bars and tape.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    TLW1 wrote:

Decided to test myself with a ride into work, first time from the new house to the chester office and not much fun thanks to a couple of road closures - hopefully the ride home will be less than 45 miles :(
    Bugger that, how long did it take!?
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Wimp :wink:
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Wimp :wink:
    Says the man who needs an uplift from the station platform onto the train :P
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • tlw1
    seanoconn wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Just checked - 2hrs 33 mins for just over 46 miles
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    2h 33? jib that. I was considering driving to my mothers everyday and cycling from there (avoiding the minor hills) and that would leave around a 45 min commute.

Take both car and boat, have to get to the boat somehow
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    Take both car and boat
    That's the correct answer. Did you watch the video in the link? That boat is utterly gorgeous, originally built for Mr Lamborghini with 2 of his engines in the back. Although I'm not fussy and any Riva Aquarama would do for me.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Was quite nice this morning, but raining now!

After accidentally starting a sram v campag debate/squabble i have decided to go with Dura Ace! DA for shifters and chainset and ultegra for brakes and mechs and 105 for the chain and cassette.

Still need to decide on the seat post, bars and tape.

What an odd hotch potch of bits or is that what was lying around and then you bought the rest?

Go into Road General and mention compact chainsets, crank arm lengths and helmets.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Lazing away in sunny Lanzarote. Only cloud on the horizon is dodgy wifi. Ah we'll. :D
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Lazing away in sunny Lanzarote. Only cloud on the horizon is dodgy wifi. Ah we'll. :D
    Meanwhile I am stealing your crown as best friend of the 'Little Green Man' over in Cake Stop :P
  • veronese68
    So, a box was delivered from Planet X for my immediate manager today and he wasn't in. I managed to resist opening it, for now at least. Should I just leave it until he gets in, open it as soon as I get in or wait until we've had confirmation that he's some Eastern European's b!tch now and will never be released from the dark cellar he's been locked up in before opening it. Should I assume being 5 minutes late is confirmation of the Hungarian dungeon scenario?
    I had a shake of it, smallish and it rattles so might be a broken something. Box too big for the contents so a packing fail is possible.
  • homers_double
    Open it very carefully, remove contents, replace with a fish, reseal and leave it somewhere warm for a few days.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Nice idea, but he's supposed to be back in the morning.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    or wait until we've had confirmation that he's some Eastern European's b!tch now and will never be released from the dark cellar he's been locked up in before opening it.
    Seano is your boss?! :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    or wait until we've had confirmation that he's some Eastern European's b!tch now and will never be released from the dark cellar he's been locked up in before opening it.

I wouldn't know who to feel sorry for in this situation

On a separate note, I'm tired and unfit :(
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

I wouldn't know who to feel sorry for in this situation

On a separate note, I'm tired and unfit :(
    I'd feel sorry for Seano if that were the case. Some people are unmanageable.
    Unfit is a relative term I'm sure.