Little bit of work advice....

2»

Comments

• ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,396
    edited April 2016
    Well, got a text from my BFF today saying he's been made redundant with no warning, nothing. Called in at 9 30 today and told to go home and "consider his options" for a week. So I wouldnt put much faith in the "honour of the company" right now
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    "Loyalty is a two way thing".

Especially when they give you a pay freeze and cut your pension that was signed in the contract.

"Don't ask if I can do something for you, what have you ever done for me" ?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • Well that was... awkward.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,046
    Your bean spilling skills are well below parr my friend.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Well that was... awkward.

Late last year there were some problems on my project which I was told by management weren't an issue which turned into a huge issue that I was made to carry the can for. Since then relationship with management has been almost non existent aside from the occasional kicking.

4 weeks ago I was told I had requested a transfer to a different department into a job that represents a step back for me with a team leader who said he disnt want me

what could possibly have been awkward? was your jig of joy too enthusiastic
  • Ok. Now I'm safely out of the office... My new senior was genuinely under the impression that I wanted to work for him, that I had specifically requested it based on several meetings with my previous management team. He started off accusing me of bulls***ing him and then asked me how the transfer was communicated to me. I told him the truth, one meeting in December where it was mooted, a question in January "is that happening?" and then getting called to a meeting in March when I got told I'd requested a transfer.

Then he was forced to admit he hadn't a clue what had happened and that he's been played like a two dollar banjo.
    "In many ways, my story was that of a raging, Christ-like figure who hauled himself off the cross, looked up at the Romans with blood in his eyes and said 'My turn, sock cookers'"

@gietvangent
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Did you tell them you were a little disgruntled?
  • aboomtish

@gietvangent
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,688
    Ok. Now I'm safely out of the office... My new senior was genuinely under the impression that I wanted to work for him, that I had specifically requested it based on several meetings with my previous management team. He started off accusing me of bulls***ing him and then asked me how the transfer was communicated to me. I told him the truth, one meeting in December where it was mooted, a question in January "is that happening?" and then getting called to a meeting in March when I got told I'd requested a transfer.

Then he was forced to admit he hadn't a clue what had happened and that he's been played like a two dollar banjo.

He's probably questioning his treatment and position now and will also quit. Soon the whole company will collapse! :lol:

Joking aside, that's pretty much what has happened to the office I recently left!
  • I think my former managers are going to have to answer some questions shortly, so at least the whole painful process wasn't completely pointless.

Also, the company car list at the new place is loads better.

@gietvangent
  • dg,

From what you have said, it sounds like a poisonousness place and you are better off out :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,883
    I think my former managers are going to have to answer some questions shortly, so at least the whole painful process wasn't completely pointless.

what cars then? :)
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    always leave on the best terms possible. You never know where ex-colleagues will re-surface or who they know
  • always leave on the best terms possible. You never know where ex-colleagues will re-surface or who they know

Indeed. My new line manager is our former CFO. I will be working my 3 months like a good boy.

@gietvangent
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    TLW1 wrote:
    I think my former managers are going to have to answer some questions shortly, so at least the whole painful process wasn't completely pointless.

as long as it isn't a mazda 6 estate eh.

Sounds like the weight is now off your shoulders in the latter posts, good luck with the next 3 months
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Sounds like the weight is now off your shoulders in the latter posts, good luck with the next 3 months

The alphabetised list was extremely extensive... but I didn't get past "J"

@gietvangent
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,688
    Flâneur wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

XF?
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,854
    Flâneur wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Not so sure I'd be happy with a Jeep. :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

XF?

Aw yeah

@gietvangent
  • ddraver
    I thought you couldnt drive?? When is the 6 Day again?? :P
    - @ddraver
  • kajjal
    kajjal Posts: 3,380
    Good to hear you are sorted, the xf is very popular and good car for distance driving.
  • [quote="disgruntledgoat"

Also, the company car list at the new place is loads better.[/quote]

My company car is a bike!

Just like to echo what everyone else has said, you're doing the right thing.I had similar problems with a former employer, chock full of a***holes and management level. It was hell from day 1 and looking back, I can't believe I stayed nearly three years. I used to call the place, with heavy irony, The Fun Factory, and also, with no irony at all, The Place Where Hope Goes To Die, as well as The Evil Empire. (I see they're in the process of relocating to a brand new, purpose built HQ, which, of course, I'm already thinking of as The Death Star)
  • ddraver
    M...Mark?

Mr Cavendish?

;)
    - @ddraver
  • Ha! It does sound a bit like M.C, reading my post. No, I'm a courier - cargo bikes. Eight years, still love it. No office, no berks in suits, no "human resources" dept staffed by inhuman soul-sucking zombies. Sometimes it rains. Apart from that...
  • ddraver
    Well, DG, it's official for me too

If you want to start a Gent based bicycle shop with me and my BFF, let us know...
    - @ddraver