My frenchie fighter Pinot 2012 avatar

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited May 2016 in Pro race
***BELIEVE****

Comments

• RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Believe all you want, but Frenchie's not coming back. Sorry.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95 wrote:
    Believe all you want, but Frenchie's not coming back. Sorry.

But I need an update

sptdw536_670.jpg
  • RichN95.
    There's certainly been a change of attitude at FdJ this season. Especially where Pinot has been riding. More proactive. At Criterium International Pinot described them as riding 'a la Sky'. I saw that again today.

I'd love to know the internal politics at FdJ. I get the feeling that the likes of Julien Pinot have long been trying to persuade Marc Madiot that cycling knowledge has moved on since Cyrille Guimard.

I think there has been a general existential struggle within French cycling (especially in the media) as they come to terms that their 'cyclisme a deux vitesse' excuse for underachievement is no longer valid and that they may not be cycling's chosen people.
  • specialgueststar
    Not sure who signed both Swiss riders but their determinations seems key...

26 PINOTThibautFDJ ,,
    27 MORABITOSteveFDJ ,,
    28 REICHENBACHSebastienFDJ
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Not sure who signed both Swiss riders but their determinations seems key...

26 PINOTThibautFDJ ,,
    27 MORABITOSteveFDJ ,,
    28 REICHENBACHSebastienFDJ

Morabito was handpicked by Pinot. The other I assume was the result of canny transfer policy.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,595
    RichN95 wrote:
    There's certainly been a change of attitude at FdJ this season. Especially where Pinot has been riding. More proactive. At Criterium International Pinot described them as riding 'a la Sky'. I saw that again today.

I'd love to know the internal politics at FdJ. I get the feeling that the likes of Julien Pinot have long been trying to persuade Marc Madiot that cycling knowledge has moved on since Cyrille Guimard.

I think there has been a general existential struggle within French cycling (especially in the media) as they come to terms that their 'cyclisme a deux vitesse' excuse for underachievement is no longer valid and that they may not be cycling's chosen people.

Think they had that about 3-4 years ago.
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    pm'd you
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • specialgueststar
    RichN95 wrote:

silly billy
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 wrote:

silly billy
    No I'm right. French media has a certain section that believe in French superiority and their own chauvansim. Vayer is a key proponent. Stade 2 are close behind. But it's bollocks.
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,931
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!