Bob Hoskins

slowmart
slowmart Posts: 4,480
edited May 2016 in The cake stop
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_9SG-zYvPjk

One of my favourite bits of cinema, the closing minutes of the Long Good Friday.

And the circle of life continues.
“Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu

Comments

• iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    Two years too late but none the less a touching thread :lol:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/3 ... s-confused
  • slowmart
    I caught the "news" on the BBC website....guess I should check the date of the story !
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Got that username for a reason then ;-)
  • slowmart
    I'm quicker on my bike but given my post that's a low threshold, even for this place!

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    Bob Hoskins is dead?! :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • surrey_commuter
    surrey_commuter Posts: 18,866
    Maybe he was an Orthodox Christian and took two years to rise again?
  • bikes`n`guns
    bikes`n`guns Posts: 959
    I nearly bit when I saw that on the BBC as well, but remembered in time.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Was he mown down by Mavis Bingham, showing off her plough on the Barnsley ring road? :roll:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    I nearly bit when I saw that on the BBC as well, but remembered in time.
    I wondered and checked on Google and it came up that Twatter had gone mad over Bob Hoskins dying, even though it was two years ago.