The Daily Musings Thread...

Comments

• thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Morning Losers!

I've woken up to find about an inch and a half of snow everywhere, and it's still snowing! Efforts of motorcycling in will fail, so I've changed my routine and I'll be jumping in the car shortly to try and beat the rush at 7 when people realise it's going to be hell!

Today work (if I get there) then over to Bury for what should be a nice long weekend.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    No snow down here, a warm and balmy 6 degrees. Pulled up to work at7.30 to see a bloke stood outside the shop with a crazy old Citroen. A bit keen considering the shop doesn't open until 9. Luckily I managed to duck inside before he accosted me, pesky customers. Bunking off about 3 to go and pick the daughter up so starting a 3 day weekend early which is always good. Unfortunately there may be some decorating involved. I found the cup holder in the Audi also makes a particularly fine muffin carrier. Chocolate muffin of the American variety, probably not so good with a proper toasted muffin. Onwards, to mediocrity followed by a long weekend...
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    You get there at 7:30 and Bunning off at 3 is an early finish?

Morning,
    Sun is getting out so my ride to work might not be as bad as I was expecting. I'll get there at about 9:45 and clock in, shower for half an hour then by the time I've checked my emails it'll be nearly time for lunch. Then I've got a phone call to make before heading home at about half 3.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • veronese68
    oodboo wrote:
    Yeah, I'm doing 7.30 to 5.30 but taking time out during the day because of my daughter not being well. I build up hours and go out some days to take her to school or various appointments. I'm permanently knackered as a result and not getting to ride in as much as I'd like. Things are improving slowly and hopefully she'll be back to a normal school day before the summer.
  • oodboo
    Veronese68 wrote:
    oodboo wrote:
    Yeah, I'm doing 7.30 to 5.30 but taking time out during the day because of my daughter not being well. I build up hours and go out some days to take her to school or various appointments. I'm permanently knackered as a result and not getting to ride in as much as I'd like. Things are improving slowly and hopefully she'll be back to a normal school day before the summer.
    Sick kids do make life harder than it should be in every way possible, my eldest has cp so life is a constant battle. Best wishes to you and yours.

Strava
  • veronese68
    oodboo wrote:
    Sick kids do make life harder than it should be in every way possible, my eldest has cp so life is a constant battle. Best wishes to you and yours.
    Thanks, it does indeed, now that we have a diagnosis things seem to be improving at least. I know you mention your kid from time to time, I can only imagine how that is for you.
    This is getting too serious for the CC, somebody dig a ditch.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Moaning geeeemps,

Not having kids it's really hard to understand the emotions and effort required but i do know i was a little sod growing up, so did manage to give my folks a bit of a workout. Hopefully been repaying their efforts with holidays and keeping out the way while they 'enjoy' their grandchildren from my brothers!

Anyhoo, gloriously sunny in the Vienne, warming up nicely and we are having a day off leaving the roofers to do their thing, later is pub and pizza.

Toodles!
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning all,

Car had a hissy fit this morning an spat out its dummy, or rather exhaust cracked the weld on the pipe into the backbox. A dirty great lump of dead cow with curdled cow milk an bread is on order.

Long weekend much needed though only nine hours to go
  • oodboo
    Well that was a farking cold ride in. Why the fark is it snowing in April?
    I'm not looking forward putting my bike clothes back on to go home.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    Currently celebrating pay day with a big box of sushi. Will be headed off early-ish as got to pack for what will be a very long drive North tomorrow with all the holiday lemmings on the road :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Yeah Saturday

Feeling a bit below par with man flu, caught from the oldest rug rat - so the two of us won't be doing the park run. The kids will still do theatre club, so chance for an 1.5 hrs of relaxing in a nice coffee place reading the papers with the current wife.

Then into town for some book festival thing. Later is round to some friends.

Just need the wife to wake up to make the pig based breakfast
  • thekickingmule
    Morning Losers!

Looking forward to a nice long weekend with some friends. I'm doing a little bit of basic wiring for them, and recommending some electrics they should get changed. In return, I'm being fed Tagine and sticky toffee pudding :mrgreen:

Sadly, I slept about 3 hours last night, no idea why. Stupid body.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    Evening terds,

Clearing the debris from renovation 1, couple of doorways that were sealed with mud and stone many years ago when Stevo and V68 were in their late 30s! Some rubbish flooring removed as well so a productive day was had. May need a day off tomoz to recover.

Boozing now so move along!

Toodles

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • oodboo
    Evening,
    Pretty uneventful day today until my son threw up. Soon as he started my wife picked him up and in moving him managed to spray everything in a 2 meter radius with vomit. Oh how we laughed!
    Laters

Strava
  • veronese68
    Evening all,
    Busy day prepping the shower room to decorate it, problematic because it's prone to damp. Victorian houses don't do well with damp. Then tried to fix the cooker, poxy thing is foul all grease and sharp edges. Need to order another new part for it. Never buy a Smeg cooker, they're a load of smeg.
  • Stevo_666
    Had the joy of 5 hours in Bank Holiday traffic headed North. Now chilling with some cans of cider watching Lesbian Vampire Killers :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oodboo
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    watching Lesbian Vampire Killers :)
    Classic film, I love the soundtrack.

Strava
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a good frost for the 1st of May, just on my way to work, what a way to spend a bank holiday
  • tlw1
    Sunday and still feeling below par

Might have a quick blast out on a bike, just need tea and watch gp qualifying highlights first.

Today is going to some book festival as we have booked tickets to see Julian clarey as he writes kits books - it's going to be odd!

Later will involve the pub :)
  • thekickingmule
    Morning Losers!

Yesterday was nice, I didn't do much in the way of electrics, however I gave them a few good ideas that they can get an electrician to do. That said, if I can find the right equipment, I'll be able to do a lot of it for them today, so I'm off to B&Q this afternoon to have a look. The tagine that was made for me was absolutely amazing!

That's about it.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • bg13
    Ning gimps

Pool serviced, some chemical based weeding carried out and veg plot watered. Now off for some touristy action as the weather is grand!

Toodles

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • Stevo_666
    oodboo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    watching Lesbian Vampire Killers :)
    Classic film, I love the soundtrack.
    The special effects are good as well :P
  • veronese68
    Break for a cup of tea whilst decorating. Deep joy.
  • Stevo_666
    Sat on my arris watching football. Will run later as I forgot to pack my camelbak so have no way of taking water with me on the bike :roll:
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Sat on my arris watching football. Will run later as I forgot to pack my camelbak so have no way of taking water with me on the bike :roll:

You don't need water on a ride of less than 1.5hrs ;)
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

You don't need water on a ride of less than 1.5hrs ;)
    I do...went for a run instead. Will pedal on Tuesday or Weds to keep the legs in tune for Fridays gravity fest :)
  • tlw1
    Bank holiday Monday

The main thing today is the book show that the wife said was yesterday, which meant yesterday was lots of decorating and putting up lights she had bought (no way would I spend that much on bl00dy lights)

Later is another contractor quoting :(
  • thekickingmule
    Morning Losers!

Bit of a gloomy day here in Bury, however that won't stop me today.
    Meeting a couple of friends and going for a walk this morning, having lunch at a pub. Then in the afternoon I'm going to change a couple of power sockets for them. Might get fed tea too! If not, I'm going via an Indian restaurant as I feel I need curry.
    Then back to da Hudd and prepare myself for the next few weeks of work hell.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    Losers? My life is so much win I'm going to spend the day decorating. But at least it'll be safe in the knowledge that the EPO will be happy. Except she's not sure about the colour now. I've told her to wait until it's finished as it will look better then. Here's hoping.
    Well earned pint or five later.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Just got in from work, enjoying a Cuppa and scone