25-35 degree riser stem

joelsim
joelsim Posts: 7,552
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
I want to raise the bars on my MTB but the short steerer tube means I need one with a steerer height of 40mm or less.

Anyone got any suggestions? I'd prefer a fixed but will consider adjustable if necessary.

I bought a BBB OS 25 but it has a 45mm height, annoying as I read somewhere that it was 40mm. I just wouldn't feel comfortable having the top bolt above the end of the steerer tube (effectively meaning it isn't gripping at the top).

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Avoid adjustable stems, they're lethal.
    Might be easier to get a higher rise bar, it achieves the same result and there's much greater choice.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Avoid adjustable stems, they're lethal.
    Might be easier to get a higher rise bar, it achieves the same result and there's much greater choice.

I've got a high rise already but the stem is slammed as the steerer tube is cut off short. It's not the end of the world, but if there is a riser stem (fixed preferably) with only 40mm steerer height that will do the trick nicely.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    System EX or XTASY, look on eBay, can't find the stack height for either but you can always message a seller and ask.

Search eBay for "(high rise, riser) stem"
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.