Giant phase carbon shoes

Holdey
Holdey Posts: 38
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Has anyone tried these or got a pair. Are they any good and what is the fit like
Thanks holdey

Comments

• dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    Holdey wrote:
    Has anyone tried these or got a pair. Are they any good and what is the fit like
    Thanks holdey
    Are you saying you would buy or not buy a pair of shoes because someone said they did or didn't fit HIS feet? What does anyone else's feet have to do with yours? Other than they are feet?
  • Holdey
    No I. Asking are they a tight fit. Should I order a bigger size and what people think the shoes are like.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Holdey wrote:
    No I. Asking are they a tight fit. Should I order a bigger size and what people think the shoes are like.

Nobody else has your feet, fella.
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    come on guys.

He wants advice to know if the shoe is comfortable etc. If the fit is the right size as advised etc.

We all look at shoe reviews right? For the same reason he is asking for advice.

I bought the Shimano R171 based on review of R321 and knowing that the fit is the same except for the moulded sole I went for it.

It is the best shoe ever for me. I've had Rapha, SIDI, Northwave, etc etc and this by far the best and best value for money riding shoe for me.

Unfortunately I can't comment on Giant.
  • dj58
    dj58 Posts: 2,217
    Do you have a Giant retailer near to you? If so the only way to be sure is to try a pair, or if not can you order them from somewhere that offers a free returns/refund, exchange facility? Order your usual size and the next size up, return the pair that don't fit or both if you don't like either.
  • dennisn
    hsiaolc wrote:
    come on guys.

He wants advice to know if the shoe is comfortable etc. If the fit is the right size as advised etc.

I bought the Shimano R171 based on review of R321 and knowing that the fit is the same except for the moulded sole I went for it.

It is the best shoe ever for me. I've had Rapha, SIDI, Northwave, etc etc and this by far the best and best value for money riding shoe for me.

I have never read a shoe review. I tend to buy shoes made by Diadora, regardless if they have other brand's on them. I know that their size 46 fits me just fine.
  • Holdey
    Sorry all. I just thought I'd ask a question as new to biking but it looks.like if there are so many professionals here who know everything that they don't want to help newbies but just want to take thel p_ss. So thanks all. I just wanted some help
    :?: :?: :?:
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    They look like a good shoe and with them been new out I doubt you will find any reviews but Giant does have quality kit as companies like Etxeondo make the clothing for them and is normally a bit cheaper too which is a bonus. Giant do have a good warranty so if they do drop to bits which I don't think they will, just send them back to the dealer.
    http://www.i-generator.com/work/clients
  • imposter2.0
    Holdey wrote:
    Sorry all. I just thought I'd ask a question as new to biking but it looks.like if there are so many professionals here who know everything that they don't want to help newbies but just want to take thel p_ss. So thanks all. I just wanted some help

Mate - it doesn't take a professional to point out that shoe sizing is an extremely personal thing. The best advice anyone can give you is to go try some on. Or order online and be prepared to send them back.
  • hsiaolc
    dennisn wrote:
    hsiaolc wrote:
    come on guys.

I have never read a shoe review. I tend to buy shoes made by Diadora, regardless if they have other brand's on them. I know that their size 46 fits me just fine.

What are you doing here? You obviously no need for reviews or advice.

Thats the case I don't think you should dish out any either especially to newbies who does need them.
  • dennisn
    hsiaolc wrote:
    dennisn wrote:
    hsiaolc wrote:
    come on guys.

What are you doing here? You obviously no need for reviews or advice.

Thats the case I don't think you should dish out any either especially to newbies who does need them.

Who buys shoes on the advice of others? And not just cycling shoes, any shoes??? Doesn't everyone try on a pair of shoes before they buy them? Doesn't everyone know that the higher the price the better the quality and comfort(more or less)?
    It's a shoe, not a jet pack.
  • jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 131
    **Stands up**

I own a pair of Giant Phase Carbon shoes! (in white no less)

They are comfy and sexy, and fit my size 8 feet. I would say they are a narrow fit compared to my dbh r.10.

I have no issue with them.

**sits down**
  • Holdey
    Thanks that all I wanted to know if others find them okay. If they small compared to other shoes. Thanks for trying to help.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    **Stands up**

Goes to LBS tries on shoes, goes to another LBS tries on shoes.
    Finds shoes that fit, buys shoes.
    Absolutely irrelevant if they do or don't fit someone else or if they ar big or small compared to others because they fit me!

**Sits down**
  • stevie63
    stevie63 Posts: 481
    **Stands up**
    Went LBS, all the shoes were too narrow for my hobbit feet. Checked online to see user feedback on who does wider shoes. Ordered some to try from the wiggles of this world. Found a pair that fitted and kept them.
    **Sits down**
  • skyeflyguy
    skyeflyguy Posts: 110
    Flipin hell! What's with the negativity with some people on here? Yes probably be easier if you could go to a local dealer and try them on. Not always an easy option if you are an outlander. I have bought Shimano and more recently Giro shoes with some research and recommendations on sizing that both fitted perfectly. Maybe some luck,but with free returns not too much of a problem. Maybe the OP should try another forum next time he wants some useful advice!!??
  • imposter2.0
    skyeflyguy wrote:
    Maybe the OP should try another forum next time he wants some useful advice!!??

He's had useful advice on this thread. But it's not what he wanted to hear, unfortunately.
  • Vslowpace
    Vslowpace Posts: 189
    Yes the advice was useful, the delivery could have been a touch softer.

At least it wasn't a question about another £200 set of wheels or how do I dry my kit. Those are worthy of a spiky reply.
  • skyeflyguy
    Vslowpace wrote:
    Yes the advice was useful, the delivery could have been a touch softer.

At least it wasn't a question about another £200 set of wheels or how do I dry my kit. Those are worthy of a spiky reply.
    Agree! :lol:
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    skyeflyguy wrote:
    Flipin hell! What's with the negativity with some people on here? Yes probably be easier if you could go to a local dealer and try them on. Not always an easy option if you are an outlander. I have bought Shimano and more recently Giro shoes with some research and recommendations on sizing that both fitted perfectly. Maybe some luck,but with free returns not too much of a problem. Maybe the OP should try another forum next time he wants some useful advice!!??

Ouch! You went from Shimano to Giro and found them both perfect?? But but hsiaolc said Shimano are best and Rapha (which are Giro) are worst possible! These shoe buying advices are so confusing!
  • hsiaolc
    mamil314 wrote:
    skyeflyguy wrote:

Ouch! You went from Shimano to Giro and found them both perfect?? But but hsiaolc said Shimano are best and Rapha (which are Giro) are worst possible! These shoe buying advices are so confusing!

He has the most recent Giro shoes. I had the the last years edition before it was updated. Probably it is better now. Just because I had one bad experience with the Rapha Giro doesn't mean their other shoes or entire range is bad.

However, with r171 I wouldn't spend the money now on the rapha (giro).
  • skyeflyguy
    mamil314 wrote:
    skyeflyguy wrote:

No the sizing advice was perfect! Both shoes were/are still doing the job well enough. I'm not the kind who thinks one pair of shoes against the other more expensive must have pair are going to make me 2mph faster.
  • skyeflyguy
    Holdey wrote:
    No need to be sorry fella. I hope that you get sorted out size wise. I hope the guys who's posts were less than helpful are as good on the bike as they are at posting cr*#p on here!