fundamental theorem of friday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,515
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
a friday f(x) = anx^n + an–1x^(n–1) + ··· + a2x^2 + a1x + a0 with degree n at least 1 and with coefficients that may be real or complex must have a factor of the form x – r, where r may be real or complex

therefore, party time
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Roll on the long weekend, I'm knackered. POETS day so leaving at 3 to go and pick the girl up from another appointment. I've had a cup of tea with chocolate muffin accompaniment so all is well with the world. Only fly in the ointment is customers bothering me, there will of course be a dead pig based intermission during the day.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,001
    The final glass of wine last night meant I couldn't face the turbo this morning and there was 6" of snow on the roads around here so I stayed in bed for a bit.

First job when I get home is to set the log burner and get cosy indoors.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,311
    Mainly admin and coffee this morning. Snow overnight but didn't come to much - more's the pity. Cannot wait to take the Toots sledging. On the other hand, fed up of cold weather, winter clothing and coughing up green stuff that you could trip over.
    Potentially, the end of the Gulag proper could be as little as 4 weeks away and then it's gutting a house time and on that vein, I will revive another thread.

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    Duly noted.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Working from home this morning, the internet in the office is still useless so I'm not going to bother going in. I was at a conference in Newcastle for the last two days, great talks and loads of inspiration but now I'm back at work I realise all I do is grow trees...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Today was work meh, characterised by two words I'd rather not hear again for a *very* long time....

Software update.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,394
    Half day at work, only to do some more work after work. Pick up number1 toot from after school club. Up early in the morning to collect the keys from my w@nker departing tenants, have to make sure they haven't nicked or broken anything. Up early Monday to sort the new minion out. I'm looking forward to Sunday at least.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Bored bored bored bored bored !

Weather is crap, worse than crap actually. Waiting on a delivery of fresh crab which may cheer me up as my Friday night will then involve crackers, oat cakes and beer.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,394
    Bored bored bored bored bored !

Weather is crap, worse than crap actually. Waiting on a delivery of fresh crab which may cheer me up as my Friday night will then involve crackers, oat cakes and beer.
    Mmmm Oat cakes, doesn't matter how many layers of cheese and pickles you pile on top of them, they're still healthy :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • homers_double
    Currently trying to locate a decent restaurant in Spain for dinner next Thursday.

1st review on Trip Advisor - "pie chips and gravy" :roll:
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    sungod wrote:
    a friday f(x) = anx^n + an–1x^(n–1) + ··· + a2x^2 + a1x + a0 with degree n at least 1 and with coefficients that may be real or complex must have a factor of the form x – r, where r may be real or complex

therefore, party time

you missed some brackets and last term is not needed - should be:

f(x) = anx^n + a(n–1)x^(n–1) + ··· + a2x^2 + a1x
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    ok people, I need a solution, I have a 500 euro cheque I need to cash, it appears to be harder than I expected, any solutions?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Flâneur wrote:
    ok people, I need a solution, I have a 500 euro cheque I need to cash, it appears to be harder than I expected, any solutions?
    Last time I had something like this (US$) I had to fill out some form from the bank and hand it in with the cheque. They then do something that involves you not getting the money credited to your account for a week or two/shafted on exchange rates and that's it really.

Now celebrating Friday with a big box of sushi. Quite hungry after pedalling in over a distance that's more than Seano manages on his two way trip :wink: Tomorrow is the long slog to the frozen wastelands of the North. Bank holiday traffic will be a 'mare :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,858
    Hope tomorrow is the worst day for bank holiday travel as I'm in Solihull today and don't want tonight's pub impacted by the commute
  • chris_bass
    TLW1 wrote:
    Hope tomorrow is the worst day for bank holiday travel as I'm in Solihull today and don't want tonight's pub impacted by the commute

I'm working from home so there will be at least one less person leaving Solihull tonight, although I would have been on a bike!
  • veronese68
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I'm working from home so there will be at least one less person leaving Solihull tonight, although I would have been on a bike!
    Bloody cyclists holding up the traffic, that's what causes all the problems.
  • pinno
    edited April 2016
    Flâneur wrote:

The process is this:

Go to bank.
    Request international cheque clearance form (Stevo got one for me the last time)
    Fill out form.
    Bank sends it off their International clearing department.
    Cheque is presented to the equivalent dept. abroad.
    Cheque is then cleared (eventually).

Outside EU - expect 6-8 weeks.
    Inside EU - expect 2-3 weeks.

Oatcakes are the most bland food in the world. If you took all the worst Scottish ingredients such as frugality, Calvinism, being 'ticht', dour and 'dry' and created a foodstuff it would be an Oatcake. Rice Cakes are just behind by a hair width - and I won't go into any metaphors because of my previous history.
  • chris_bass
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Bloody cyclists holding up the traffic, that's what causes all the problems.

yeah, weaving in and out of the cars in their black clothing and not even stopping at red lights! they are a menace!
  • Pinno you heathen.

Oat cakes are what beer was invented for, albeit it was invented to help you be able to swallow the damn things :)
  • chris_bass
    Do you think i can justify the cost of Dura Ace? given that I am in no way good enough a cyclist to notice the difference over 105 let alone ultegra is it just a waste of money?! I have decided to go with mechanical of electronic on the new frame so that saves a bit of money! and have gone with the half price superstar wheels for now to save a bit of money there.

The new frame is basically good as new btw! thanks Pinno!
  • veronese68
    If you have enough disposable income to go DA then do it, if it's a stretch go Ultegra because that's still quite flash. SRAM is supposedly lighter for the same outlay but not used it myself. What about Campy? Not sure that would be appropriate on that frame though.
  • chris_bass
    Veronese68 wrote:
    If you have enough disposable income to go DA then do it, if it's a stretch go Ultegra because that's still quite flash. SRAM is supposedly lighter for the same outlay but not used it myself. What about Campy? Not sure that would be appropriate on that frame though.

I was mainly thinking shimano because that is what I have always had.

I was toying with the idea of SRAM etap wireless but that's over £1000 and only for the shifters and mechs, far more than I should really spend!

I think i may go for DA shifters and chainset and Ultegra for the rest! call it a compromise!

Edit - oh, and as far as disposable incone goes i'm trying to spend it all while i can as I am now officially no longer single! :D
  • veronese68
    Congratulations? No, seriously congratulations.
    I get what you mean about staying Shimano, I've done the same. Might be brave next time. I'd add DA rear mech into the mix. Definitely not DA cassette, have you seen the price of them?
    Might be worth getting wheels checked over. Impression I get is most are ok but some seem to get through with uneven spoke tension which can cause problems. Allegedly. Usually great value though.
  • Why not electronic ?

DA money would easily buy you Di2 Ultegra. It`s ace btw.
  • Stevo_666
    Bit of a personal thing bit I really like the SRAM double tap, find it easier and more intuitive only having the one lever. But if you're used to Shimano...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    may have to try and test SRAM out then. did you go from shimano to sram? was it ojk going from one to the other?

yeah, the wheels were cheap so if all else fails i'll stick them on the commuter.

decided on mechanical because i like knowing how stuff works and how to fix it.
  • Stevo_666
    Chris Bass wrote:
    may have to try and test SRAM out then. did you go from shimano to sram? was it ojk going from one to the other?
    I've got Shimano XT on one of the MTBs and SRAM Rival on the communter, but the principle is the same. (Shimano has two shift levers each side, SRAM has one). Not had another road bike so I've not really changed from one to the other. Can do no harm to try.
  • homers_double
    Small things and all that... I got a grow your own chillie plant in a can for Christmas off the kids, I started it in the conservatory a few weeks ago and as it hadn't done anything was thinking about binning it.

This afternoon I saw a seedling!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Boy just got in from a party preceded by a school fund raising quiz, I asked him if he'd eaten. Told me he had a kebab before and when he got to the party most of the food had gone so he had some carrots then the girls mum made him some sandwiches. Asked him if he needed more as that wasn't much. He insisted he was fine as it was a big bag of carrots, very big, they were meant to be for their horse!
    I always said that boy eats like a horse.
  • pinno
    edited April 2016
    Small things and all that... I got a grow your own chillie plant in a can for Christmas off the kids, I started it in the conservatory a few weeks ago and as it hadn't done anything was thinking about binning it.

This afternoon I saw a seedling!

Peppers start really slow.

No worries CB. Go Campag - Last years Record available as a Gruppo on fleabay but value for money is Chorus except you won't be 'fixing' it much, it's Campag. :wink:
    If you can pick up a Record 10 gruppo, even better. I think that the feel of the 10 set up is better, more direct than the 11.

£500 for the dog's bollox:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LOVELY-CAMPAG ... Sw~oFXHlWV

Then you'll have spare cash for a decent set of hoops.

Shimano is Fugly too. Horrible Rigor Mortis come funeral grey tint to the stuff. Type the word 'Shimano' and left click spellcheck the red underlined word and see what you get - they are telling you something.