Le Tour de Romandie 2016 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• The_Boy wrote:
    Anyway, didn't see the stage - what happened to Froome?

Don't bother with the 'highlights' on the Bike Channel on Sky - 10 mins of the peloton roliing across the flat, come back after the ad break to suddenly 5km to go after all the attacks and big riders getting dropped, then 25 mins of riders crossing the line and ALL the presentations
  • kleinstroker
    kleinstroker Posts: 2,133
    Froome setting the pace today 24" up on the rest
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    Jungels ahead by less than a second
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Coppel third on same time as Jungels and Vroome.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Watching TdY - cos the county was my home for many years - but just flicked on TdR and saw Van LadyGarden doing 95km/h . Great pictures. Switzerland looks as nice as Yorkshire looked vile.
  • The_Boy
    GPS has Sam Dumoulin fastest at first check by over 2 minutes. Think we'll put that one down to a technical issue....
  • The_Boy
    Dumoulin (Tom) fastest by 7s at the finish.
  • imatfaal
    TiboPino!!
  • imatfaal
    Tibot Pinault fastest by 1.54s
  • imatfaal
    Thibault Pinot wins. Quintana comes in 6th
  • The_Boy
    Myyyyyy MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!!!!!
  • imatfaal
    1 PINOT Thibaut FDJ 20:21
    2 DUMOULIN Tom Team Giant - Alpecin 0:02
    3 JUNGELS Bo Etixx - Quick Step 0:09
    4 FROOME Christopher Team Sky ,,
    5 COPPEL Jérome IAM Cycling ,,
    6 QUINTANA Nairo Movistar Team ,,
    7 ZAKARINIlnurTeam Katusha 0:17
    8 IZAGIRRE Ion Movistar Team 0:18
    9 MORABITO Steve FDJ 0:22
    10 BOARO Manuele Tinkoff 0:25
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    Excellent. Bodes well for July.
  • imatfaal
    FDJ's ITT and TT renaissance gains more strength. TboPno just looks very strong - not as neat or as fluid as others but faster
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224
    Pffft... Have we done the bit about hapless French riders all of a sudden beating some of the world's best (including the known Sky dopers, obvs) in TTs? When are we organising the roadside p!ss-throwing and flobbing parties...?
  • The_Boy
    In the clinic where it belongs, same place add it's been for two years.
  • I love the moniker TBoPNo, will use that for the foreseeable.

As said above, goof for July
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,242
    s845671897958942660_p11_i6_w1280.jpegunion-wine-co-underwood-pinot-noir-oregon-usa-10359456.jpg
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Coverage started on Bike. 40km to go. Froome & TJVG on the attack.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • stagehopper
    stagehopper Posts: 1,593
    Bike is Virgin Media channel 552, Sky channel 464 if you haven't found it yet.
  • kleinstroker
    s845671897958942660_p11_i6_w1280.jpegunion-wine-co-underwood-pinot-noir-oregon-usa-10359456.jpg

:lol:
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Main GC contenders 46" behind Froome with TJVG struggling to stay in his wheel. Just 7km to go.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Froome drops TJ. 45s ahead of peloton. Plenty of attacking behind but nothing sticking. Good racing.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RonB
    Pinot tries another dig from the group, launched by Reichenbach, but Quintana is right there to cover the move.
  • RonB
    Pinot keeps having a go! Up front, no threat to the GC, Froome is 36" in the lead over the top with 4km to go.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    I have a nasty feeling I didnt PTP up for this stage

Anyway, even the French commentators are giving Froome some props for that!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • kleinstroker
    Fr.oome takes it. Well done lad!
  • RonB
    Froome wins, then comes Izagirre for MOV to limit the time bonus for Pinot in 3rd.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Quite enjoyed that.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • iainf72 wrote:
    Quite enjoyed that.

+1