Le Tour de Romandie 2016 **SPOILERS**

Comments

• imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    Dombrowksi and Rolland jumped off the front of the peleton; A hundred yards gap.

Froome made up 30 sec gap and is almost back to the back of the peleton; in small group off the back at present
  • RonB
    RonB Posts: 3,984
    Meanwhile for Cannondale Dombro & Rolland have just about joined the leaders.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    looked like froome was back but then the peloton split and now it's faster with no cars to help him.
  • inseine
    That corner's going to be interesting for the peloton...
  • imatfaal
    what's up with Sky? No one waited for Froome - but then no one seems to be supporting G either
  • inseine
    If you're going to take a sticky bottle, at least take the damn bottle!
  • inseine
    imatfaal wrote:
    what's up with Sky? No one waited for Froome - but then no one seems to be supporting G either

G looks strong though
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    man I suck at Stage Race PTP....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • imatfaal
    NanoQuintana attacks!
  • imatfaal
    Nano and Sacharin off the front, Uran chasing, then small group with Pinot; I can no longer spot G in group
  • inseine
    That was inevitable. Mini moan from Quintana
  • imatfaal
    Sacharin outsprints Nano Q. 30 secs back to group
  • imatfaal
    26668742936_5bf36ef77e_z.jpg
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Zakarin has been relegated to second for saying Quintana has a fat arse (or bad sprinting)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • RichN95.
    I think Froome has stopped for a coffee. Not in the top 80.
  • imatfaal
    RichN95 wrote:
    Zakarin has been relegated to second for saying Quintana has a fat ars* (or bad sprinting)

To be honest the fat arse explanation would be fairer - didn't strike me an exclusion. Any odeas how much time the Sky boys lost?
  • RichN95.
    imatfaal wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:
    Zakarin has been relegated to second for saying Quintana has a fat ars* (or bad sprinting)

To be honest the fat ars* explanation would be fairer - didn't strike me an exclusion. Any odeas how much time the Sky boys lost?
    Thomas lost 57s. Everyone else ambled in with the sprinters.
  • Shadowrider
    Shadowrider Posts: 483
    Apparently Froome lost 17 minutes, which is now being used on twitter to show that he is doping.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,811
    Quintana had no chance, throws a bit of a wobbly and waves a hand and bureaucracy wades in with to make things all nice and PC proper for their Swiss hosts.
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    edited April 2016
    At least Zakarin was demoted to 2nd.

I have a strong dislike for him, and need a new bete noir following Evans' retirement and Horner going back to Murica.
  • Shadowrider
    Shadowrider Posts: 483
    Teejay hit the deck after being brake checked by medic car in feedzone.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,540
    Good day for the bookies.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099

How so?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • The_Boy
    Anyway, didn't see the stage - what happened to Froome?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • RichN95.
    The_Boy wrote:
    About 20K from the finish at the beginning of the final climbs he punctured. He only had Nieve and Thomas in the front group. Nieve gave him a wheel but it took a bit of time. He was left to chase alone - even when he got back to a group who had been dropped on the climb. He kept going until the end of the descent before the last climb, but the gap grew. So he sat up. He was last seen riding like a tourist chatting to Nieve.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,540
    The_Boy wrote:

How so?

Most of the money put on was for Froome for overall. Odds were shade under 2/1 this am which is short for cycling.

(It's all relative. Can't imagine the betting market on Tour of Romndie is very big)
  • RichN95.
    The_Boy wrote:

How so?

Most of the money put on was for Froome for overall. Odds were shade under 2/1 this am which is short for cycling.

(It's all relative. Can't imagine the betting market on Tour of Romndie is very big)
    Sods law that I didn't bother on this one. But I have Zakarin on PTP.
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy wrote:

How so?

Ah. I thought you meant the stage result.
  • The_Boy
    RichN95 wrote:
    The_Boy wrote:
    About 20K from the finish at the beginning of the final climbs he punctured. He only had Nieve and Thomas in the front group. Nieve gave him a wheel but it took a bit of time. He was left to chase alone - even when he got back to a group who had been dropped on the climb. He kept going until the end of the descent before the last climb, but the gap grew. So he sat up. He was last seen riding like a tourist chatting to Nieve.

Fair enough. Was checking it wasn't related to his illness troubles earlier in the year as tdf betting markets still had him as fav. Was thinking of betting against him for a second but shan't bother now.