sungod Posts: 16,438
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
just about to go out into the bleak frozen wasteland that is central london

i may be some time
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Also headed for central London for a free full English brekkie and a couple of hours out of the office known as a Brexit seminar. As I'm coordinating our groups Brexit contingency planning I have to be up to speed on this stuff. Yum yum :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    sungod wrote:
    just about to go out into the bleak frozen wasteland that is central london

i may be some time
    If we don't hear from you we'll send out a search party armed with warm pastries to lure you back.

Sounds like Stevo bottled out of the bike again :roll:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    No bike for me this morning, warm and snug in the car as I have to go and take the girl to a physio appointment later. Brexit contingency planning sounds rather depressing, difficult to plan for as nobody has a clue how it would work. I can't help thinking it will be a disaster for us as we do a huge amount of business in the EU. Can I have some warm pastries Seano? We've run out of cake.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Can I have some warm pastries Seano? We've run out of cake.
    No, there's still hope for you, sungod is already too far gone.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    ...but my mom won't let me...

Snowing here.
    I think i'll think about doing some work and then think about it some more and then not bother but if I don't at least think about doing some, I might feel guilty.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Brexit sounds like a cheap knock-off breakfast cereal Aldi might sell.

I have structures to design, parts to order and stuff to do.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • The hurricane has abated here in the frozen North, so the Harley is getting a run, to yet another bathroom supplier !
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    ended up on the toy rather than the crudder last night, was just handier and I had new road kit to try out. Do need to lower my seat post, may have jacked it too high.

Cold again today bright morning suspect it will rain so may go watch the football in Hicks.

Sky man visited yday, said he couldn't install it because he needs to put (and secure) a ladder on the flat roof and needs permission. If I'd been home I'd have just said how about I climb out and you tell me where to drill.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Working from home today, went out for a bit on the bike early, was pretty cold but quite nice, not so nice now though!

New frame is "out for delivery" so that is quite exciting!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    The boys football match has been cancelled because of a flooded pitch so tonight is dinner at mum & dads with lasagne and red wine. Mmmmmmmmmmm
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    seanoconn wrote:
    Sounds like Stevo bottled out of the bike again :roll:
    Pedalling tomorrow to burn off what I'm drinking tonight :) Although rocking up to a formal-ish event at one of the Big 4 accountancy firms in sweaty cycling gear might not be the done thing :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Although rocking up to a formal-ish event at one of the Big 4 accountancy firms in sweaty cycling gear might not be the done thing :wink:

wouldn't worry, you'll still be a lot cleaner than any of them
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Worked from home and fought through the man flu :(

Went out for a nice meal with the family now sitting in front of the log burner feeling sorry for myself
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Although rocking up to a formal-ish event at one of the Big 4 accountancy firms in sweaty cycling gear might not be the done thing :wink:

wouldn't worry, you'll still be a lot cleaner than any of them
    I dunno, they just help us do what we do.
  • Took a friend out for a cycle who had not been near a bike in years.

He loved it so I`m having a Hobgoblin gold and feeling all magnanimous.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently