The Daily Musings Thread...

Comments

• bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Moaning ghey lords!

Off to Poitiers to pick a mate and his mrs up who are staying for a few days, don't worry, we have plenty of graft for them!

In other news i'm not feeling exactly brand new after the local hunt banquet yesterday afternoon, had a fark ton of food and a wide variety of boozes culminating in a small tot of 'eau de vie' which one of the jolly chaps distilled himself, think NASA could power rockets with it!

Toodle oo.
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Meh work meh

Shoot journey to Birmingham - not much planned for later to look forward to either
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning bumblers,

Its morning I dislike this, looks like its going to rain an my legs hurt, as in I poked the back of my calf muscle an there was a notable winch of pain. Note to self dont do a fondo then going for a 30 mile "chilled ride" in the woods the day after.
    Also some imbecile seems to have fluffed the coffee machine up everything tastes sweet an I hate sugar in coffee.

Lastly appears I nuked the graphics card on my PC last night suitably non impressed.
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning,
    Mixed ride into work this morning. Started off good, nice weather etc. The I mis-fired the snot rocket all over one side of my face. Then about a mile from work the weather changed, made it to work before the rain started so not all bad.
    Anyway, day of work meh if any comes my way.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning all,
    Feeling rather old this morning. Nothing to do with being older, everything to do with beer festivals within falling over distance of home and it being Monday morning. Got to go and buy the cakes later, might put some laxatives in a few.
    Onwards and upwards...
    Happy birthday old boy?!

Today has been pretty quite athough I had a coffee with a recruitment consultant who asked me if I was interested in applying for a job with a mahoosive pay rise involved. Should come in handy for tomorrow's pay and bonus review with the boss :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Tuesday

Morning Losers!

Steveo speaking of pay rises is unfair, as I earn less money this month than last thanks to the extra National Insurance I'm paying. I'm about £20 worse off a month :evil: I wouldn't mind, but there won't even be a National Pension by the time I retire! So I'm basically throwing money away to keep old people breathing :evil:

Today, I'm tired. Not much going on at work, but I'm ok with that, it's nice and simple for me to get back into the swing of things. I need to push the old exercise more as I've just stopped losing weight. I sort of just change by the odd kg each day. It's annoying.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    Morning

Tuesday is here, feeling a bit tired after a decent run last night, followed by wine as I enjoyed a house without the wife family

today is working from home, so should get a lot done. Later I might have a quick play on the dirt bike

Right, more tea
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Happy birthday old boy?!
    Ta very much, still a couple of years younger than you. But it feels like I'm gaining on you today.
    Well done on paying to keep us old folks breathing TKM. We thank you from the bottom of our dodgy tickers.
    Bright and sunny out there, but windy and a whole 3'C as I pedalled in. There are still some cakes left over from yesterday in the fridge, damned shame.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • step83
    Every day is cake day!

Morning, crap nights sleep on account of, well honestly no idea so zombie mode will be engaged. Saw someone manage to hit two cars while parking this morning then leave the car there, did the sensible thing an told the front desk. Thats about the highlight of the day.
    Here to are cakes, and weirdly some fruit scones from yesterday. May have to grab one of them later, not much else to report im off Thursday while the cars in for the last of its work, hopefully the car wont wheelspin everywhere anymore.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Happy birthday old boy?!
    Ta very much, still a couple of years younger than you. But it feels like I'm gaining on you today.
    Well done on paying to keep us old folks breathing TKM. We thank you from the bottom of our dodgy tickers.
    Bright and sunny out there, but windy and a whole 3'C as I pedalled in. There are still some cakes left over from yesterday in the fridge, damned shame.
    Onwards and upwards...
    We've had a whip round and the zimmer's in the post. Just realised we don't know how old TLW is, must find out so we can rib him about his advancing years.

I'm going downhilling next Friday so I can pretend I'm not old. In the meantime its work...although depending on how my pay review goes this afternoon I may spruce up my CV :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • bg13
    Afternoon gimps,

Happy cake day to the really old people on here, not me you understand!

Been grafting in the renovation project today, kiwi mates that are staying for a few days have done a mass of work for us! All looking quite promising.

On the beers now!

Toodles

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    bg13 wrote:
    Happy cake day to the really old people on here, not me you understand!
    Says the retiree. :lol:
    Fookin snowing as I rode home. One minute flying along in sunshine with a tailwind, moments later swirling wind and snow. FFS!
  • Stevo_666
    Interesting chat with the boss. Pleased with the bonus but tried not to show it. On the pay rise I gave him some good quality current market data and asked him to reconsider. The implication was obvious without me having to say it :twisted:
  • thekickingmule
    Wednesday

Morning Losers!

Smooth move there Steveo. I wish I was in that position, sadly I'm more trying to figure out what will happen to my department when my boss leaves. I won't get fired, however I'm concerned about who my new boss will be :?

Today is more of the same. I should be printing a load of timetables off and sorting through them, but it seems like effort. We had a fire drill yesterday, it was inconvenient to say the least.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    Morning all,
    Bloody cold out again, 2 degrees when I left. Very pretty wobbling through the park and I'd warmed up a bit by then. There were a few others out on bikes, some were dressed up like eskimos whilst others were in shorts. Can people not work out that exercise will warm you up, but not enough to wear shorts in a thick frost.
    Hoping for another day with not too many interruptions from customers, although I'm happy to take their money. Later is pub and a Thai meal with the Wednesday night mob. Now is tea and ginger nuts.
  • tlw1
    Cold on my run last night, but colder on the 5 miles across town this morning - might be because I had my heated seat on for 3/4 hrs before then

Today is Chester and I could do with leaving on time as the wife is out with work later
  • step83
    Morning all, chilly this morning on the drive in, playing chase the parcel at lunch after royal mail decided to just not bother delivering a parcel. Hopefully I can get it so I can spend the evening putting my PC back together, well heres hoping at least!
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning,
    I'm feeling surprisingly chipper despite very little sleep last night and a cold ride in this morning. No doubt work will soon shake that feeling.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    I'vs escaped for the day on account of a school prize giving (yawn). Fortunately not much urgent so have left the minions to it. Tomorrow is free full English brekkie and a decent morning skive dressed up as a Brexit seminar :)
  • step83
    TimothyKt wrote:
    Spam blah rubbish gumph

Im sorry, what???
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    :D Spellbinders money coins cheats on IOS Android....

...obviously.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • bg13
    What the fark is that shyte up there? ^^^^^^^^^

Stupid current!

Anyhoo, lots of graft in this part of France, day off tomorrow visiting somewhere touristique!

Toodles!

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • thekickingmule
    Thursday

Morning Losers!

Today's going to be a fairly busy day, but hopefully a good type of busy. If it means the time flies by, then good.

After work, I need to head over to Bury to attend an AGM. That should be fun. Especially if I get soaked on the ride home.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    morning

bit tired today, as the wife was out I sat on the laptop too late, with the odd post on here and then some work, all whilst enjoying a nice wine :)

Today is working from home with not much planned for later
  • Stevo_666
    Off to a Brexit seminar, nothing to do with the full English brekkie and two hours out of the office. As I'm doing the Brexit contingency planning at work this is all part of the job :)
  • bg13
    Morning tools,

Touristique type day off cancelled, the roofers have turned up ready to start on number one renovation! Happy they're here, not too chuffed that they gave no notice as discussed!
    In other news a slight hangovery feel is being enjoyed after beers, wines and some local pineau (local port/sherry) type stuff!

Toodles

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • veronese68
    Also enjoying a mild hangover myself, well it's Thursday so it's traditional. If we do leave the EU will that mean BG can't come back? Had to drive in today so I can go and take the girl to physio later. Getting a second screen for my computer today, that'll confuse me. About time someone made me a second cup of tea I reckon.
  • Stevo_666
    :)
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Also enjoying a mild hangover myself, well it's Thursday so it's traditional. If we do leave the EU will that mean BG can't come back? Had to drive in today so I can go and take the girl to physio later. Getting a second screen for my computer today, that'll confuse me. About time someone made me a second cup of tea I reckon.
    The worry is that he might have to come back :shock:
  • bg13
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    :)
    Veronese68 wrote:
    The worry is that he might have to come back :shock:

Applying for a visa to remain out here but in case that fails "lock up your daughters!"

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • tlw1
    Friday

Bank holiday w.end too :)

Shame I've got to go to Birmingham as I can't imagine an easy drive home :( this may impact tonight's pub plans