Boardman Team HT and Pro FS parts compatibility

alex100a
alex100a Posts: 84
edited April 2016 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi,

I've been trying to make the move from from Hardtail to FS but on a budget and have been struggling a little as anything decent I've found has been snapped up pretty quickly!

I've been riding a 2014 Boardman Team HT for a nearly 2 years and whilst i'm sure its not the best HT about its served me quite well. The reason for the post is that i've found a 2nd hand 2014 Boardman Pro FS frame c/w shock and wonder how compatible the parts might be between the 2. Basically could I strip the HT down and put all the bits on the FS frame? if so this might be a cheap way for me to get onto a full susser.

Specs below:

Team HT - http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/b ... -650b-2014

Pro FS - http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/b ... -650b-2014

Alex

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Everything will swap over but your forks may be an issue. The FS has 130mm travel forks whereas your current forks are 120mm. You will also need to check what bottom bracket the FS frame takes.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Rear brake hose may be too short.
    Fork will be 'OK' for a while, just reduce the sag to about 20%.
    Obviously budget on new gear cables.
    As above, can't tell the BB type/style from the photo's/description so that may be an issue.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • alex100a
    alex100a Posts: 84
    Thanks for the replies.

Not sure how I managed to miss the different fork travel! I've also noticed the front mech will also need to be replaced so all in all not such a cheap/easy solution after all!
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    alex100a wrote:
    Thanks for the replies.

Not sure how I managed to miss the different fork travel! I've also noticed the front mech will also need to be replaced so all in all not such a cheap/easy solution after all!

What is different about the front mech is the new frame a direct mount setup than the usual band clamp front mech?

Maybe a chance to go single chain ring up front to save hassle of setting a new one up.