Sizing of Boardman Bikes

newtothisish
newtothisish Posts: 20
edited April 2016 in MTB buying advice
Hi,

I'm looking at buying the Boardman Mountain Bike Team HT 650B 2014 in the end of season sale. But they've sold out of the 19" in my local store and only have the 18" left. I'm 5'11'' 32'' inner leg. Do you think this will be too small for me?

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Sit on it and see.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Is an hour trip to the shop. Would quite like to get some other peoples experiences before making the drive if possible!
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    No one can give an experience relevant to YOU, they can only give an opinion.

In my OPINION the top tube of the 19" (Large) is going to be a bit long for you, so would suggest the 18" (medium), that said if you go for a 19" and it is too long you could swap the seatpost for an inline to shorten the cockpit when seated.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Thanks, that's what I was after. Will go check it out!
  • alex100a
    alex100a Posts: 84
    I'm 5'11.5" (33" inside leg) and ride a 2014 19inch Team 650b. I've always felt it was on the large size for me and think I would have done better getting the next size down.