Campag EPS

rscoppie
rscoppie Posts: 5
edited April 2016 in Road general
Hi all,

I have a Ribble R872 and have just upgraded to Campy EPS. Does anyone have any experience in changing over to EPS on this bike? Whilst it is compatible it doesn't appear to be straight forward, namely the plates that feed cables internally only have a wide enough aperture for regular cables. Having spoken to Ribble they advise me there isn't an after sales plate and in short I need to drill though the existing. Likewise I need to drill the frame to feed through the front mech cable! I'm also struggling to find any rubber grommets to fit once I've drilled the above.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated?

Kind regards,
Richard.

Comments

• g00se
    g00se Posts: 2,221
    Just a thought - and maybe difficult to follow up on - but the R872 is the same frame as the De Rosa R838 and that came in EPS builds. It may be worth trying to chat with a de Rosa dealer to see what they may have.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    When I converted my LOOK 586 to EPS I gave up trying to source Campag gromets and used Shimano ones instead, which are readily available.
  • drlodge
    drlodge Posts: 4,826
    Can't help with that frame, but I did fit EPS to my Massive attack. The Campag grommets fit about a 7mm hole I think, and they're very sensitive to the hole size. I had to open my holes out as there was paint on the inside - so just dremmelled the paint away to get the plug/socket things through.

I also felt the need to protect the cables as they come through the BB area.
    WyndyMilla Massive Attack | Rourke 953 | Condor Italia 531 Pro | Boardman CX Pro | DT Swiss RR440 Tubeless Wheels
    Find me on Strava
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    proto wrote:
    When I converted my LOOK 586 to EPS I gave up trying to source Campag gromets and used Shimano ones instead, which are readily available.

You didn't look hard enough! Any LBS that orders from Chicken Cycles can get the box of a dozen or so grommets for about 12 quid. Took less than a week for mine to turn up.
  • rscoppie
    rscoppie Posts: 5
    Thanks for all your comments. All been very helpful particularly by g00se, great advise re: De Rosa.
    Been to my local De Rosa dealer today and they're hopeful to get me a set of EPS compatible plates in!