Orbea carpe 20

lincolndave
lincolndave Posts: 9,441
edited April 2016 in Road beginners
Morning , this is my first visit and post on this site, after a 5 year lay off l am looking at buying a new bike, a sports hybrid I have been looking around at different makes and models, but I've come across an unknown ( to me anyway ) it's called Orbea carpe 20
So my first question is, has anyone come across these before, if so are they a good buy ?
Thanks

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    I have an Orbea not the same model which I really like. however their life time frame warranty is a joke.
  • lincolndave
    Webboo wrote:
    I have an Orbea not the same model which I really like. however their life time frame warranty is a joke.

Thanks webboo,have you had any problems with the frame?
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Snapped the gear cable stop off on the down tube, sent it back and came back with it pop riveted back on and the one on the other side was also riveted. Tried with the shop support to get a new frame as I and the shop felt cosmetically alone it had reduced the value of the frame. Got no where, only option would have then to take shop to court but was advised by trading standards that I would not get replacement value for a new frame just what it was worth now.
    So I cut my losses and just keep riding it.
  • lincolndave
    Cheers webboo , if they treat one customer like that I assume they will do the same with every customer, I will now be looking at either a giant or Marin , thanks again