De Rosa 888 Superking E

pedrojake
pedrojake Posts: 229
edited April 2016 in Your road bikes
I thought it was about time I got round to posting this. Having lusted after a De Rosa since first getting into cycling, and even more so having seen other posted here, I decided to take the plunge with the 888 with great prices to be had with the model being run out.

Picked this up a few weeks ago and it had its maiden voyages over the weekend. Really chuffed with it, especially on the hills where it feels I have grown new legs. Wheels will be replaced for something lighter (....more expensive!) in due course but for the time being happy with the Fulcrums. Also gotta say how impressed I am with di2 so far.

The raw carbon look is marmite, but personally I think it looks class.

Spec: STI Levers: Shimano 6870 Di2
Rear Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6870 Di2
Front Derailleur: Shimano Ultegra 6870 Di2
Chainset: Shimano Ultegra 6800 50/34T
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra CS-6800 11-Speed
Cassette, 11-25T
Chain: Shimano HG-600
Bottom bracket: Shimano SM-BB72
Brakes: Shimano Ultegra 6800
Saddle: Prologo Kappa Evo T20 hard black
Bartape: Prologo Plaintouch bartape in black
Headset spacers: Token UD spacer kit
Handlebar: 3T Ergonova Pro Drop Bar
Stem: 3T Arx Pro Stem
Tubes: Vittoria Lite Tube Presta 60mm
Tyres: Vittoria Zaffiro 700x25C in black
Wheels: Racing Quattro LG
Computer: Garmin 520

kpxW4L.jpg

BZIBLw.jpg

Comments

• That looks lovely bud.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    always nice to see a different and individual bike - enjoy
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • :D Thumbs up from me

In terms of wheels, I have vision metron 40's on my 888 and they really suit the bike, not only in terms of looks but also in the way they ride. Would recommend you get a set if funds permit.

Enjoy riding it, you've made a good choice IMO.
  • pedrojake
    s@intsteve wrote:
    :D Thumbs up from me

In terms of wheels, I have vision metron 40's on my 888 and they really suit the bike, not only in terms of looks but also in the way they ride. Would recommend you get a set if funds permit.

Enjoy riding it, you've made a good choice IMO.

Steve, seeing yours on here was one of the deciding factors in buying it, so cheers! Didn't quite have the nerve to go with the the brighter colour scheme but this one looks better in the flesh than the pics.

Wheels? Yeah, the visions will be on the possibles list. Will probably be the tail end of the summer before another trigger gets pulled though
  • :D Glad to be of help.
  • I like the colour scheme that you have chosen, I bet the yellow really pops in the sunshine. Quick one, where is the di2 battery mounted? I have been toying with the idea of di2 as the next upgrade so any info would be appreciated.
  • pedrojake
    s@intsteve wrote:
    I like the colour scheme that you have chosen, I bet the yellow really pops in the sunshine. Quick one, where is the di2 battery mounted? I have been toying with the idea of di2 as the next upgrade so any info would be appreciated.

The colour does look well in the sun, as does the raw carbon which is almost like a marble reflection look. The electronic-specific frameset has an internal battery enclosure on the underside of the down tube, close to the bottom bracket. I'll get some pics uploaded over the weekend.
  • pedrojake
    s@intsteve wrote:
    I like the colour scheme that you have chosen, I bet the yellow really pops in the sunshine. Quick one, where is the di2 battery mounted? I have been toying with the idea of di2 as the next upgrade so any info would be appreciated.

Steve, the battery is charged as normal via usb....

yv68bS.jpg

The battery is located in here. I'm thinking the non-eclectic frames dont have this, therefore you'll either have to think of another option for the battery on yours, or risk taking a Dremel to the bottom bracket. Good luck with that!!!!

nETPam.jpg