2016 BC licence

imposter2.0
imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
edited April 2016 in Amateur race
Anyone else got an 'unimpressive', grainy, B&W pic on their new licence - that looks like something out of the 1950s - or is it just me..?

Comments

• I have it too! It's my first license so just figured thats how they are supposed to be!
  • 964cup
    964cup Posts: 1,362
    There is no pic on my licence - just the words "When signing on at events, the licence holder must present a form of photo ID of good likeness".
  • 964Cup wrote:
    There is no pic on my licence - just the words "When signing on at events, the licence holder must present a form of photo ID of good likeness".

Which if you had not told me I wouldn't have known as the writing is so small for my old eyes. This also explains why I can't peal back the plastic and pop my picture in.
    Live to ski
    Ski to live
  • mamba80
    mamba80 Posts: 5,032
    964Cup wrote:

none on mine but i ve uploaded one, apparently it gets approved or not and then you have to call them to get the new licence reissued.
  • andy_wrx
    andy_wrx Posts: 3,396
    964Cup wrote:
    ...eg your TLI or LVRC race licence ! :lol:
  • 964Cup wrote:
    Same for me, first time. I emailed BC, asking if something was wrong. I'd uploaded a photo a good while ago, so I asked why they wanted me to upload it if they weren't going to use it.
    They sent me out a new one.
  • mpatts
    mpatts Posts: 1,010
    I noted mine came but hadn;t looked that closely. I haven't uploaded a photo - will have to make sure I get up to 2nd so they have to issue a new one.
    Insert bike here:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,517
    I uploaded a photo and they sent a new licence card with it printed, grainy b&w but ok

trouble is the adhesive that held it to the letter was stuck all over the photo and resisted wiping/water

i tried just a dab of acetone on a tissue, which removed the adhesive, also the photo and printing!

grrrr, you'd think there'd be a protective layer

asked them for a new one
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • nweststeyn
    nweststeyn Posts: 1,574
    Yup, terrible picture but at least it's not the laminated bit of paper of a few years ago. Maybe next year they'll invest in a better card printer.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Doesn't bode well, just ordered mine and uploaded a photo which was grainy to start with, looks like my photo is likely to be a smudge which will be fine as there will be adhesive covering it!
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • Taeo1
    Taeo1 Posts: 17
    Yeah mines all grainy B&W style...I reckon they're trying to pass it off as 'vintage' :p