triskaidekaphilic tuesday, twice

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office day today, though maybe have an afternoon stroll in the sunshine depending on how things go

then it'll be time to pack ready for flying back to the land of cold, wind, rain, and generally gloomy weather, though at least i can go for a ride, starting to miss it, plus i have some new chainrings to be installed

have a good day, be nice to people who deserve it, ignore the rest, or crush them mercilessly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Up early, tired, meh...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    up too early this morning considering I'm working from home

Bright side, the current wife is making a pig based breakfast :)
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Drove to work in snow/sleet. Meh.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Moca pot, sausages and bacon on the hob for breaking (with brioche buns, so hipster cool), sunny outside but freezing showers predicted, so weights session planned but no riding.

Apart from that, normal routine so. Oohing major happening.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Beautiful sunny day in SW London SG so no need to worry. A brisk ride to work this morning, the mercury was above freezing by a whole 3 degrees. But I managed to keep warm battling the wind. Hoping for a quiet day in the office today, although that probably won't happen. Still a few cakes left in the fridge from yesterday, they probably won't last long though. Must avoid standing on the pallet scales today.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    hungry and cold. Need a new country.

Enjoy your day ladies
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Back to work meh, broken up by a visit to yet another Physio...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    I thought getting up early and doing a bit turbo training before cycling to work would be a good idea, it was not!

I'm still trying to figure out what to put on my new frame, might have to buy all the expensive stuff before the new/potential/future lady in my life becomes too serious and she realises how much these things cost!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I thought getting up early and doing a bit turbo training before cycling to work would be a good idea, it was not!

I'm still trying to figure out what to put on my new frame, might have to buy all the expensive stuff before the new/potential/future lady in my life becomes too serious and she realises how much these things cost!
    How is the love life Chris? Is this the same lady you mentioned a couple of weeks back?
    It's not that I'm nosy, I'm just nosy :D
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Chris Bass wrote:
    might have to buy all the expensive stuff before the new/potential/future lady in my life becomes too serious and she realises how much these things cost!
    Get the credit card out now...

It took a good 5 miles to get some heat into my legs this morning, judging by the crap door to door pedalling time. Now stuffing my face with lunch as this cycling malarkey still makes me unfeasible hungry. On a different note, Wifey texted this morning to say we had mice in the kitchen so I helpfully suggested that we set the dog on them :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • chris_bass
    seanoconn wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

How is the love life Chris? Is this the same lady you mentioned a couple of weeks back?
    It's not that I'm nosy, I'm just nosy :D

surprisingly well, thanks for asking! she seems to have completely missed all my bad points and concentrates on the good ones (whatever they may be!). The only slight issue is that she is ...well.... married! separated and has asked for a divorce, but currently she is very much married so we have to be a little sneaky!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    The good points? Wit,charm, modesty and being much taller than 5foot 8 and a half. Not a bad start CB. Might be a bit sticky for a while with the divorce but good luck to you.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • chris_bass
    seanoconn wrote:
    The good points? Wit,charm, modesty and being much taller than 5foot 8 and a half. Not a bad start CB. Might be a bit sticky for a while with the divorce but good luck to you.

Go easy on him, we were all 5 foot 8 once!

admittedly, I was about 12 though!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    I'm glad I got out for a ride this morning, we've got snow showers here now!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    Yep, snow showers here too, I'm sure it'll turn to hail for my cycle home!
  • veronese68
    Apparently there was even snow here, thankfully home isn't too far.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Who got the 13th post?
    Chris Bass wrote:

Campag Chorus 11 and a pair of Ksyrium's. Good value and pretty. Imagine the black of the Carbon 11 against that lovely white...

Here's a 2nd hand one - immaculate:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Campagnolo-Ch ... SwampXHNpm

...and I have found you a pair of wheels. A man of your stature* needs a pair of solid hoops.

*Others may use different adjectives.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mavic-KSYRIUM ... Sw9KpXAOQ-

Bike+wheels+gruppo+finishing kit=£1350. Fanfuckingtastic.

Work me today me. So little shirking time recently. Poor me.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    long grilling from the inquisitor, but from the summary report we passed all compliance checks for the region, had an extra glass of wine at dinner tonight but too knackered to do much more

my work here is done, tomorrow fly back to the miserable uk weather, at least there's all the bubbly i can drink on the flight back, it'll numb the shock of the first few hours while i try to come to terms with it being at least 20K colder than proper weather for sungods

has to be white bar tape+hoods, black will clash with that frame
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    Don't worry Sungod the weather's fine. Smashed it riding home in the sunshine, then turned a corner and the speed almost halved. A few moments later it was snowing. Ok so not fine, ridiculous might be a more appropriate adjective. Got a top 10 on Strava though even if it was wind assisted.
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Clear blue skies, sunny, no wind, 24c

I'll ge me coat :oops:

Got another bike, what was I thinking! :D
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Stevo_666
    Interesting discussion had today with the boss. Pleased with the bonus but on the pay rise front I gave him some good market data and asked him to think about it. The implication was clear without me having to say it :twisted:

May go new bike shopping anyway 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    team47b wrote:
    Clear blue skies, sunny, no wind, 24c

I'll ge me coat :oops:

Got another bike, what was I thinking! :D

You'll have to hang it on the ceiling.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Interesting discussion had today with the boss. Pleased with the bonus but on the pay rise front I gave him some good market data and asked him to think about it. The implication was clear without me having to say it :twisted:

New hybrid?
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

New hybrid?
    Nah, got one already. I fancy something carbon :)
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

New hybrid?

Steel and carbon?
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

New hybrid?

Steel and carbon?

What yer sayin?
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

New hybrid?

Steel and carbon?
    No, I have taste :)
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    New hybrid?
    New bike for Stevo
  • pinno
    The very thing:

736347939_831.jpg

...and matching attire:

s-l225.jpg
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    If you ask him nicely, Pinno, he'll send you his used shorts.