wakey wakey, it's monday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,532
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
been to gym, soon brekkie, then sun lounger, pool, the day stretches before me like a sunny loungey thing

long weekend coming up, uk weather looks cack so i'm making the most of it here

better do some work too i suppose
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Morning folks,
    Feeling a little older this morning, clearly this has nothing to do with the beer festival in the pub on the corner and the fact that I sampled a few brews. No morris men yesterday though, or dragons. Had to drive in this morning as I'm off to take the girl to school later, need to stop at Sainsbury's on the way back later as well. First cup of tea has gone, need someone to come in and make another one.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Long weekend here, so a pleasant day off. Played tourist. Ferry ride, lunch, walk up an extinct volcano to admire views.

Late afternoon trip to the health club across the road to relax in a lovely steam room, followed by drinks, dinner and a wine, or 3.

All Mondays should be like this.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning folks, what is this weather about, thought summer was coming
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    It's cold and grey in London...

Looks like a week of rain too.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Flâneur wrote:
    WB, wondered whether you'd survived.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur wrote:

Touch and go at times, and none of the moments were caused by the animals
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Touch and go at times, and none of the moments were caused by the animals
    By animals I take it you don't mean drunk blokes then.
  • Flâneur
    except the private security team I met and the random drive into a township which left me questioning my intelligence it is a lovely country.

Came home to the office and clicked delete on all new emails, read the out of office people. Even better, the Date has said she would buy me a mtb for my birthday as I had to cancel my Canyon order due to funds.
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    grey, cold, wet and windy here but working from home so it aint all bad!

deciding what groupset my new frame (thanks pinno!) deserves.

what are peoples thoughts on handlebars, seat post, saddle and bar tape colours for white bikes?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    Chris Bass wrote:
    what are peoples thoughts on handlebars, seat post, saddle and bar tape colours for white bikes?

seatpost, black if it's cf, shiny if it's alloy

saddle - doesn't matter, when you're sitting on it no one can see, otherwise may as well be black to match the post

handlebars, depends on the bike and the stem, pics? but as there'll be tape over most it's not too important

tape - white, fizik tape stays white for ages and is easy to clean, if there's a splash of colour of the frame you could also coordinate with that, need hoods to match the tape too of course
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Lazy tea in bed morning till 9;30 then a 30k blast in a hurricane.

Bathroom shopping progresses at a steady pace.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • veronese68
    Anybody want some cake? Went to by the cakes as I'm no longer in my mid-40s and there are quite a few left. Eclairs, cream slices, apple turnovers, chocolate muffins and a few custard tarts up for grabs. Then there are the biscuits.
    CB, I'd avoid white for the contact points as it looks grubby in no time at all.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Anybody want some cake? Went to by the cakes as I'm no longer in my mid-40s and there are quite a few left. Eclairs, cream slices, apple turnovers, chocolate muffins and a few custard tarts up for grabs. Then there are the biscuits.
    CB, I'd avoid white for the contact points as it looks grubby in no time at all.

mmmmm, sounds like you're closer to 50 than 40 :shock: :shock: and white looks fine for contact points where Pledge is your friend for keeping your bar tape looking mint
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • chris_bass
    Pinno wrote:

it is this frame.

yeah - i was going to avoid white, especially for the bar tape.

was thinking everything white except saddle and bar tape but not sure.
  • veronese68
    Slowmart wrote:
    mmmmm, sounds like you're closer to 50 than 40 :shock: :shock:
    The calendar may say that, but my waist is still smaller than my inside leg measurement and I have a full head of hair that hasn't gone completely grey. Plus, I have cake. :-)
    CB, I thought PIña said that frame was huge. That's right for a fully grown man. I'm too lazy to clean white bar tape, if you can be bothered it could work.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Slowmart wrote:
    mmmmm, sounds like you're closer to 50 than 40 :shock: :shock:
    The calendar may say that, but my waist is still smaller than my inside leg measurement and I have a full head of hair that hasn't gone completely grey. Plus, I have cake. :-)
    CB, I thought PIña said that frame was huge. That's right for a fully grown man. I'm too lazy to clean white bar tape, if you can be bothered it could work.
    Yes but has anyone met Pinno? He's tiny, 5 foot 4 or 5. Explains a lot really. I think TLW1 could back me up on this.
    28" waist, 34" leg me. Trying walking in a shop and buying a pair of jeans with those measurements!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    [Yes but has anyone met Pinno? He's tiny, 5 foot 4 or 5. Explains a lot really. I think TLW1 could back me up on this.
    28" waist, 34" leg me. Trying walking in a shop and buying a pair of jeans with those measurements!
    You lanky streak of ...
    I think I was that size in my early twenties. Now 32,34 :oops:
    Does Piña look like this?
    fhd001HPO_Verne_Troyer_001.jpg
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,401
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    [Yes but has anyone met Pinno? He's tiny, 5 foot 4 or 5. Explains a lot really. I think TLW1 could back me up on this.
    You lanky streak of ...
    I think I was that size in my early twenties. Now 32,34 :oops:
    Does Piña look like this?
    fhd001HPO_Verne_Troyer_001.jpg
    Very similar except his ears and nose are more pointy. Nothing wrong with your waist size V.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • chris_bass
    Yeah it is pretty big but at 6 foot 2 I am a proper height!

definitely no white bar tape, I was more curious on peoples thoughts on white bars with non white bar tape, or white seat post with black saddle.
  • veronese68
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Yeah it is pretty big but at 6 foot 2 I am a proper height!

definitely no white bar tape, I was more curious on peoples thoughts on white bars with non white bar tape, or white seat post with black saddle.
    What about that black tape with white flecks in it?
    3t-ltd-bartape-closeup.jpg
  • chris_bass
    it's possible, maybe if i can get a nice blue bartape that would work, maybe?!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Meh.

5'9". B4stards.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    ...Oh Cinelli Cork-Gel h'bar tape. Very cushty.
  • Flâneur
    fuck tape, I need a new mtb. Crudders aint no help, benefits of sizing up or down, go try a shop. I was after something like having more reach allows for a faster flow or being compact is something we don't understand cos we are all too fat and our guts get in the way
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,478
    Pinno wrote:
    Meh.

5'9". B4stards.
    Im sure you said you were 5' 8" not long ago. So are you taking growth hormone or dressing up in stack heels? :wink:

Evenin All. I think my waist size is just about smaller than my inside leg bit I may have to check that. But at my age that's not too shabby, specially as I'm not a lanky streak of wee-wee like Veronese or Bass :)

Average day at the office, made more interesting by a coffee with recruitment consultant who wanted to know if I was interested in applying for a job with a mahoosive pay rise attached to it. Will come in handy for my pay and bonus review tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Meh.

5'9". B4stards.
    Im...tomorrow.

I am 5'8" and a half. You can either round it up or down or I can wear high heels for those Lesbian weekends with a twist.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Meh.

5'9". B4stards.
    Im...tomorrow.

I am 5'8" and a half. You can either round it up or down or I can wear high heels for those Lesbian weekends with a twist.
    Half inch heels won't do much :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Meh.

5'9". B4stards.
    Im...tomorrow.

...and "...no, it's not battery operated" usually ends up with a slap in the mouth.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Meh.

5'9". B4stards.
    Im...tomorrow.

...and "...no, it's not battery operated" usually ends up with a slap in the mouth.
    The direct aproach is often high risk.
    https://youtu.be/Rj4Nxsj_1t4
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Meh.

5'9". B4stards.
    Im sure you said you were 5' 8" not long ago. So are you taking growth hormone or dressing up in stack heels? :wink:

Evenin All. I think my waist size is just about smaller than my inside leg bit I may have to check that. But at my age that's not too shabby, specially as I'm not a lanky streak of wee-wee like Veronese or Bass :)

Average day at the office, made more interesting by a coffee with recruitment consultant who wanted to know if I was interested in applying for a job with a mahoosive pay rise attached to it. Will come in handy for my pay and bonus review tomorrow.

Is Rick not in recruitment? Wasn't him was it?