Packable jacket

teebs_123
teebs_123 Posts: 357
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Hi All,
I'm looking for a small/packable jacket to carry in the jersey pocket, doesn't need to be 100% waterproof, but capable of withstanding some drizzle

Ideally;

Packs small
close, aero fitting
decent, bright colour
Ideally around £50 or so

I've looked at a Sportful Hot Pack & a Endura version. Anything else I should look at?

Thanks
Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
Kinesis 4s Di2

Comments

• doug5_10
    doug5_10 Posts: 465
    Castelli Velo or Sportful Hotpack. Got both (elbow of Sportful duck taped after chucking it on some black ice in Jan so got Velo to replace it) Both good, Sportful slightly lighter weight material, closer fitting (in same size) and probably packs a bit smaller.
    Edinburgh Revolution Curve
    http://app.strava.com/athletes/1920048
  • teebs_123
    doug5_10 wrote:
    Castelli Velo or Sportful Hotpack. Got both (elbow of Sportful duck taped after chucking it on some black ice in Jan so got Velo to replace it) Both good, Sportful slightly lighter weight material, closer fitting (in same size) and probably packs a bit smaller.

Thanks, I've been leaning towards a hot pack. I'm a big Sportful fan anyway.

Heading to the Alps in June, so I need something for early morning & decents :)
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • ayjaycee
    ayjaycee Posts: 1,277
    Castelli Sottile Due fits all your criteria. It's available in white or yellow but even the blue version that I've got stands out. It doesn't breathe amazingly well but I'm not really convinced that any of them do, particularly at this price point.
    Cannondale Synapse Carbon Ultegra
    Kinesis Racelight 4S
    Specialized Allez Elite (Frame/Forks for sale)
    Specialized Crosstrail Comp Disk (For sale)
  • teebs_123
    ayjaycee wrote:
    Castelli Sottile Due fits all your criteria. It's available in white or yellow but even the blue version that I've got stands out. It doesn't breathe amazingly well but I'm not really convinced that any of them do, particularly at this price point.

Thanks, I'll have a look. I agree regarding the breathability, I'm not sure any material really copes with that.

Update

I've ordered a Sportful Fiandre no-rain, supposedly wraps up pretty small, so it should fit the bill..will have a look at the Castelli if this is no good..
    Orbea Orca OMX DI2 MyO
    Kinesis 4s Di2
  • Endura PakJak is also worth a look.
    Trek,,,, too cool for school ,, apparently
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,426
    Just bought one of these:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-classic-rai ... 5360719126

Very good. Packs very small. Has "foil effect" lining inside and has kept me warm on early starts on chilly mornings. Breathability not fantastic but then it's not Gore and half the price.

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I just use a cheap one from aldi. It's as good as my mates hot pack I reckon and it sits in the back pocket for the vast majority of its life.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,032
    I have the aldi one but after a season some of the stitching is giving up so I'll be investing in a better quality replacement.

That said, I could buy 5 x £10 versions for the price and not bother if it rips.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • zak3737
    zak3737 Posts: 370
    Good choice with the Sportful Light No-Rain, i got one last summer & its fab, rolls up very small, and does exactly what it says on the tin.
    I've worn it in light rain with no issues, was warm enough and kept the worst of the rain off, and equally, have worn it on summer evenings when the temp drops.
    As with all Sportful/Castelli stuff, its sized for midgets however, but get the right size and its lovely and snug, really pleased with mine.