Phone bike fit apps

JimboM
JimboM Posts: 380
edited April 2016 in Road general
Has anyone tried any of the bike fit apps you can download for your phone these days. Thinking specifically of either Roadie Bike Fit for android or Bike Fast Fit for the iphone (bah!)

Whilst I'm comfortable with my current riding position, I'm still interested to see if I'm 'off' in any areas but don't want to spring for the full professional job just yet. I may buy a new bike later in the year and would rather have that fitted if I do go down that route.

I appreciate that an app is never going to be as good as a professional bike fit but has anyone tried both (pro and app) to see how close it does come
Cannondale Synapse 105
Giant FCR3
GT Avalanche 3.0
Canyon Nerve AM 6.0

Comments

• dowtcha
    dowtcha Posts: 442
    As ever dcrainmaker has you covered.

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/10/automated-measurement-review.html

Never used it but might be a good starting point.
  • shmooster
    shmooster Posts: 335
    Bike fast fit is very good, and for a few quid cheap enough to try even if you end up not liking it (unlikely). Not as good as a professional fit (presuming you get a good fitter), but will get you close. Even just seeing a video of yourself on the bike can help.
  • alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Another vote for Bike Fast Fit. Easy to use and helped with my position. Only so much i could do with it though as it is limited by your own knowledge, although it gives you ranges your measurements should fit between.
    As said above worth a punt for the few quid it costs if you don't want to pay for a full bike fit.