Cinelli Neo Morphe XL Carbon bars

daniel_b
daniel_b Posts: 11,593
edited April 2016 in Road buying advice
Morning all,

I am currently quite tempted by a set of these:

Cinelli-Neo-Morphe-XL-Carbon-Road-Handlebar-Road-Handlebars-Carbon-CBL40.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7

I am a convert to flat top bars, having some Ritchey Streem bars, and 3T ergonova stealth ones - the former do not seem to be made anymore, and the latter are really expensive everywhere I look - I managed to get them from CRC for £100 or just over.

The above I can lay hands on for £118, and the reviews on Wiggle are glowing - 4.8 from 72 reviews, and one lowe review is from someone who simply wanted a wider bar than they produce.
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cinelli-neo-morphe-xl-carbon-road-handlebar/

The only bit I don't quite understand is the XL moniker - is it meant to be for people with BIG hands?
I am slight, with fairly small hands, so if that is the case it would seem to be a poor choice.
There does seem to be a non XL version, but £160 is the starting price as far as I can see.

The only thing visually I dislike about it, is the red stripage - managed to avoid that on both my other sets of bars.
Can probably obliterate it with a combination of a garmin k-edge out front mount and automotive vinyl if required!
Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
Scott CR1 SL 12
Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
Scott Foil 18

Comments

• daniel_b
    Silence speaks volumes!

Apparently not much in the way of love for these on BR.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18
  • MisterMuncher
    MisterMuncher Posts: 1,302
    I've had a couple of Cinelli handlebars, but not these. In general, well made, nicely shaped and classy. Ignore any claimed weight, though.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,558
    i've got the cinelli ram 2 integrated bars, they're excellent, i got them to replace deda bar/stem that i found way too flexy, the ram 2 is very very stiff but also comfy

xl may imply extra large in english, but thinking italian suggests extra light (leggero) compared to the previous version of the bars which had different graphics and weren't available in 38cm
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • daniel_b
    sungod wrote:
    i've got the cinelli ram 2 integrated bars, they're excellent, i got them to replace deda bar/stem that i found way too flexy, the ram 2 is very very stiff but also comfy

xl may imply extra large in english, but thinking italian suggests extra light (leggero) compared to the previous version of the bars which had different graphics and weren't available in 38cm

Thanks SG, that's good to know - I am getting the feeling these are fairly old tech bars, in that they have been around a while, and seem rather heavy for their size, considering they are full carbon - maybe they are just really solidly built!
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Scott Foil 18