What's with all this " Custom Build " BLX

tim_wand
tim_wand Posts: 2,552
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
Come on! If some bloke in a Shed in Stoke/ Bristol or Leeds hasn't hand brazed it to your specific geometry it aint custom built!

Changing your wheels , Groupset or feckin bar tape don't make your bike " Custom Built ! " Its called upgrading or buying new bits! Please Please stop this " Custom Build " BLX.

Now I m off out in my Bespoke trousers , to drink Craft Ale!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Yeah, geez. Stick a rustic looking label on a bottle of ale and call it 'craft'. I dunno, what's the world coming to?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,413
    I count my last bike as a custom build, mainly because it was mail order from Germany and I had to screw the fecker together.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I count my last bike as a custom build, mainly because it was mail order from Germany and I had to screw the fecker together.

So that's why it's always going back and forward to the LBS.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,413
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

So that's why it's always going back and forward to the LBS.
    It gets used hard. A bit like the sheep :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Ooh, does that make my bikes more valuable? Bought the frames off the shelf and built with off the shelf bits. Scratches are definitely custom though.
    Agree, it's a load of horseshit.
  • napoleond
    napoleond Posts: 5,992
    Yep. Very irritating. I'm sure there was one here where all they'd done was change the tyres and bar tape.
    Insta: ATEnduranceCoaching
    ABCC Cycling Coach
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Perhaps amend the moniker "custom" to a more justifiable and understandable "chosen"?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.