If everyone was listening Friday thread...

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,330
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
In the absence of any takers*...

Me cutting grass me.

*VN must be having to actually work for his biscuit today.

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Working from home as car is in for its MOT. I have a 70 page transfer pricing document to review which I really don't want to do but will have to take the plunge soon. Wish me luck.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    This mornings ride was more a pop than a boom, massive headwind up the big climb and then the same down the other side but at least it was fairly calm along the valley bottom on the way home.

Got a fair bit of metal to order today and some half arsed report to write from an inspection.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Bah, work SOD that got the next 2wks chilling out and biking and as an upshot on top half of that with no whinging brats or wife. Result enjoy the rat race.
    How did you manage that? Some people may want a top tip.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Pinno wrote:
    *VN must be having to actually work for his biscuit today.
    Fryday mornings are always busy as we have to get a lot of export orders out for the weekend and we have a van that delivers into Europe that is loaded on a Fryday. :evil:
    Another early start for me and I had to drive in, good news is it's POETS day and I'll be leaving shortly after 2 as I'm taking the girl for another appointment this afternoon. Roll on the weekend...
  • Stevo_666
    Yay, car passed its MOT. The joys of buying Japanese. Have to go get it now.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Never any doubt with getting MOTs for me. :mrgreen:
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    It's lovely and sunny out side but I'm sat in my office processing timber measurements and doing mapping, joys. I called off last nights road ride because the wind got up, going for a blast at Ae after work this evening though
  • veronese68
    mmmm, lemon drizzle cake made by a colleague's Mrs. She does bake a particularly good cake, and lemon drizzle is the best of them.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    A plate full of meh for lunch...

Has anyone else tried the Guinness Hop House 13 beer thats come out recently? It's pretty good!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    That reminds me - I need to book my car's MOT (and I need cake!)

Not bad day, bit cloudy, cold and windy outside though.

Think i may be buying a 2013 Roubaix that's in great condition, damn ebay!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Never any doubt with getting MOTs for me. :mrgreen:
    Remember when me and a couple of mates had Evos, we couldn't be bothered to put the catalyst back in after track days for the emissions test so we put it in the car and told our friendly tuner garage to do what they needed to do. Officially that was a case of putting the cat back in. We suspected that he just stuffed the emissions sensor up the tailpipe of a nearby Nissan Micra :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Chris Bass wrote:

This one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Specialized-Roubaix-Sport-Fully-Carbon-Road-Racing-Bike-58cm-XL-/152061419787?hash=item236791210b:g:IYQAAOSwXj5XFz73

Are you that tall?
    It looks 'orrible. However, if I was to ever stray away from Italian, it would be a Spesh S Works Tarmac.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Has anyone else tried the Guinness Hop House 13 beer thats come out recently? It's pretty good!

I have, it's pretty good. I've been quiet enjoying their Dublin Porter recently too. Makes a refreshing change to normal Guinness, people kept telling me how amazing it is in Ireland and that I shouldn't be too negative. I was there for the week before last with work, it certainly tastes different but I just don't get why they love it so much
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Pinno wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

This one?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-Specialized-Roubaix-Sport-Fully-Carbon-Road-Racing-Bike-58cm-XL-/152061419787?hash=item236791210b:g:IYQAAOSwXj5XFz73

Are you that tall?
    It looks 'orrible. However, if I was to ever stray away from Italian, it would be a Spesh S Works Tarmac.

I'm 6 foot 2, so yeah!

it is that one but i have haggled him down on price, still not 100% sure on it! although my dad said he'd buy the 10 speed bits off it so i can put something better on it.
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Work meh day in Chester with no mot