Time iclick pedals

Vaughan1
Vaughan1 Posts: 65
edited April 2016 in Road general
Just had a birthday. So I am awash with spending tokens. I have look keo copy pedals which are made by wellgo. I have never felt comfortable with clipping in or out compared to my old look classics. Then last Wednesday I got "t" boned at a cross roads and knocked off. I did not get hurt but it would have better if I got out of the pedals sooner. So I thought I would try the iclik system. But reading the reviews the plastic cleats seem to be a very week point for them. Has any one got any experience of the pedals or failing cleats.

Comments

• shaun668
    shaun668 Posts: 52
    Hi, I have been using these for 2 years now, very easy to clip in and out off i've never fell over with them in yet. I've just put some onto my new bike so now running this set up on 2 bikes.
    The pedals on my older bike have covered 2500 miles and show little sign of wear, but the cleats were badly worn after this time, my foot was moving on the pedals not ideal. I've just replaced the cleats this week so nice and tight again,
    I'd recommend these based on my experience.
  • schlepcycling
    schlepcycling Posts: 1,614
    According to Strava my iClics have done 11,600 miles and are still going strong and I haven't noticed that my cleats wear excessively. When my pedals do eventually give up I won't hesitate in buying a replacement pair.
    'Hello to Jason Isaacs'
  • Vaughan1
    Thanks for your help. I found the reports hard to believe
  • jimmurray
    jimmurray Posts: 130
    Over the last six years I've probably bought about 6 pairs of I-clic and then espresso pedals. Cleats have got better for wear but I'd reckon on going through a set every 4-5 months. With the early cleats I didn't get anymore than 3 months out a set.
  • Vaughan1
    Can you service theses at home ie change or re grease the bearings ect
  • dennisn
    dennisn Posts: 10,601
    jimmurray wrote:
    Over the last six years I've probably bought about 6 pairs of I-clic and then espresso pedals. Cleats have got better for wear but I'd reckon on going through a set every 4-5 months. With the early cleats I didn't get anymore than 3 months out a set.
    Sorry, but I have to ask. 6 pairs of pedals in 6 years? What the hell are you doing to those things.
  • d_o_g
    d_o_g Posts: 286
    I bought some as reviews were good. Cleats wear worse than Shimano ones as they don't have the little yellow/blue/red lumps which take some of the punishment when you walk on them - which you inevitably do.

Biggest problem I had was that I couldn't get them set up to my liking and I suffered knee pain as a result. Changed back to Shimano and the pain went.

Yes, I probably could eventually have got them set up 'correctly', but tbh the positive difference in them against Shimano was negligible.
  • jimmurray
    jimmurray Posts: 130
    dennisn wrote:
    jimmurray wrote:
    Sorry, but I have to ask. 6 pairs of pedals in 6 years? What the hell are you doing to those things.

Erm, I've got more than one bike. Only had issues with two sets of the pedals, one pair fell apart and one pair I couldn't get clipped into.