The Daily Musings Thread...

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning

Veronese, ginger nuts to early for chocolate, or least it is for me. Dull morning for me up late so drove in not much occuring outside its grey an not overly cold.
    Old manager is mincing about the office in a mis matched suit combo with no tie (fashion apparently) I'm hungry though fancy nothing I brought with me an someones insisting I roll back their network profile to how it was on 21/04.... work that one out!
  • oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Morning,
    Bit of a lazy ride in this morning, CBA towards the end of the week. Work meh today, if I can find anything to do that is. Then off out for a meal later and a few beers to see if I want to join a cult.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Step83 wrote:
    Veronese, ginger nuts to early for chocolate, or least it is for me.
    That would have been a good call but unfortunately I seem to have already eaten the ginger nuts. Trip to Sainsbury's at lunchtime is in order. What an exciting life I lead.
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Veronese, ginger nuts to early for chocolate, or least it is for me.
    That would have been a good call but unfortunately I seem to have already eaten the ginger nuts. Trip to Sainsbury's at lunchtime is in order. What an exciting life I lead.

We have a Morrions close by, I try not to go there because I end up with some random fresh desert. I nabbed some what I thought were chocolate digestives this morning but it appears I snagged some that have caramel in them, shall have to inquire with Le Wife what these monstrosities are about was none to pleased with the weird chewy texture.
  • bg13
    bg13 Posts: 4,598
    Good day worms,

Slower day today as its raining, got some menial stuff sorted out but nothing too productive.

Think an early bottle of wine may be in order!

Enjoy work y'all
    Loving life in rural SW France

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Afternoon, been like summer all week, can't complain at the 4am start when I finish around 1ish and get to enjoy the sun.

Shame its to revert to winter again, oh well I'm off the next three days and looking forward to the alarm not going off at 3am!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Tonight is pub and Thai grub evening, so leaving some gut space for that. Luckily I'm working from home tomorrow on the excuse of getting the car MOT'd so can have a bit of a lie in. And will be a good excuse to get the bike out to ride back from and to the MOT station. Double win :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • oodboo
    edited April 2016
    Well I'm at the cult gathering. Beer in hand and food on the way, not bad so far.

Strava
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    I was given a free ticket to the Bridgewater in Manchester to listen to Bach's Magnificat in D. I'm cultured, you filthy swines.
    Just got home and helping myself to some toast and lotus spread. Nom nom nom
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah Friday

Working in Chester today, so I've put a bike in the car to cycle across town as the traffic is shoot. Issue is I haven't got a clue where to dump it as I'm not used to coming in from this side yet

Later is the youngest rugrat coming back from his first ever residential - I imagine he will be knackered as he's not got without sleep, so maybe no pub later!!!!!!
  • thekickingmule
    Morning Losers!

Good nights sleep for me again. It seems camping has restarted my sleeping pattern, this is good. What's bad though, is that my house doesn't have any milk or tea bags in it. This is a travesty, and means I need to head to the shop before I can expect too much to be accomplished.

I'm hoping to service the bikes today, so that I can get out riding again. Other than that, it's back over to Bury for the weekend, which should be nice.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    Finally, it's been a long week. I had 2 phone calls before 8am this morning, one from a German that didn't know we are in a different time zone and couldn't understand why I was telling him to ring after 8.30. The other was an Italian trying to buy stuff we don't sell that wouldn't take no for an answer. Could be a long day at this rate. No cafe for me as I'm bunking off at 2, I'll have to get the others to bring me back a sarnie. Roll on the weekend...
  • step83
    Sympathise on the people from abroad being annoying, spend most of yesterday afternoon with a Spanish lady who, why do they have no sense of personal space! Still, she was none to pleased when I installed a wireless certificate on her laptop an it refused to connect to any networks :lol:
    Im blaming the fact everything is in Spanish including the keyboard.

Anyway, morning etc our resident kamikaze cyclist seems to have returned, caused a minor accident at one roundabout then proceeded to ignore right of way an barrel into another nearly causing another one. An we wonder why motorists hate us!
  • bg13
    Afternoon doom merchants,

I have spent most of the day jet washing the pool surrounds, had some tunes on so time passed quite nicely but with it being fryday an all i have stacked early and am on the beers! Pub later and pizza!

Boom.

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • oodboo
    Afternoon bum sniffers,
    Not much happening here, slow ride in after little sleep last night. Not looking forward to the ride home but the weather appears to be holding out so might be ok.
    Laters

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Afternoon mongs,

Working from home today as I had to get the car MOT'd. Luckily it passed first time so no expensive bills. The minions have probably left by now so I might send a few late emails :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon mongs,

Working from home today as I had to get the car MOT'd. Luckily it passed first time so no expensive bills. The minions have probably left by now so I might send a few late emails :twisted:

What is a mot? (You win, my hire car is hidious)
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Afternoon mongs,

What is a mot? (You win, my hire car is hidious)
    Something that gives garages excuses to find stuff wrong with your car and charge you for it. But not in my case...
  • tlw1
    Yeah Saturday

Wife's family over today, so I've been for a run to avoid them

Some kids thing on so we are all going there with lunch and dinner out

Drink will get me through the day
  • oodboo
    Morning,
    Weather looks good but no bike today. I'm off to Richmond with some friends for fish and chips. Don't know what the rest of the day will hold but no don't the wife wants me to look after the kids while she does something.
    Laters

Strava
  • bg13
    Morning butt munchers

Bacon carriers fed and sorted, brekky had and now it's time for lots of work clearing out the cottage that is getting renovated! The roof space is packed tight with straw which they used as insulation in the good old days, will take a couple of days to get it out and burnt, or a whole week if current levels of motivation continue!

Toodles

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • thekickingmule
    Morning Losers!

Nice day here in Bury, I'm off to meet some friends for dinner in a little while, then I'm off to the football to watch us beat Millwall, then I'm off to a St. George's Quiz tonight with some friends. Should be a good day.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    Sunday

And I can feel yesterday's ale

Still got a house full of the wife's family so I'm going out cycling with a couple of pals on the dirt bikes

Later is the pub and Sunday lunch
  • bg13
    Good day hoop hooverers!

Sunny and fresh in the South Vienne, bacon carriers fed and sorted just got the local hunts banquet to get through later, will be very boozy.

Toodles

Orange 5 Pro
    Ribble Audax
    On One Scandal 29er
  • thekickingmule
    Morning Losers!

Typical Sunday here for me. Not sure what fine, fun, exciting things I'll get up to this afternoon, however I'm sure they'll be nothing fine, fun or exciting.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • oodboo
    Morning,
    Camped in the lounge with the young un last night so didn't get much sleep. Off to the maker's faire today to look at stuff. I hope there's cake.
    Laters

Strava
  • step83
    Evening losers,

Busy weekend for me biking both days an bashing racking together yesterday then filling it today. Its nice to have some for of organisation in there at last.
    Not long finished some lovely shredded pig with some jalapeño bread now to slurp beer an loaf.
  • Stevo_666
    No biking for me this weekend but I'll be taking the bike up North next weekend for a bit of North York's moors action. Pretty uneventful day but got a few jobs done at least and works isn't too busy this week coming.
  • thekickingmule
    Monday

Mehning Losers!

I should be returning to work happy and refreshed, however all I feel is tiredness and bitterness. I really don't like my job is what I'm saying.

So today is the first day back at work for a week, where I find out what's broken and what needs sorting out. Luckily it's not retard minion, so that's a blessing.
    After work, I have no plans. It will be very weather dependant.

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • veronese68
    Morning all,
    Feeling rather old this morning. Nothing to do with being older, everything to do with beer festivals within falling over distance of home and it being Monday morning. Got to go and buy the cakes later, might put some laxatives in a few.
    Onwards and upwards...