WTF Wednesday...

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,977
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
Another glorious morning, another topic for you inglorious bastards to prattle on about yourselves in.

Off for a ride, Laters.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Lovely and sunny out, but a bit chilly. Pleasant enough ride in this morning, done a couple of big orders already. Now waiting for my next cup of tea. Pub later.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Stunning day north of the border, still had to scrape ice of my car this morning though. Chilling in the office today, I've got a load of maps to produce, I'm hoping our internet dies again so I have an excuse to go to the woods instead.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    ...another topic for you inglorious bastards to prattle on about yourselves in.

Would we ever do that? :roll:

Pinno's chain shortening saga with the moral: Don't do fettling jobs all bleary eyed and knackered late at night.

Just fettling with the summer bike and planning a long pedal tomorrow - you know what that means; it will snow next week.
    I hadn't got around to shortening the chain after fitting the compact.
    I'll abbreviate and you can add the embellishments.

Put chain on big chainring with an overlapped link to smack the missing link.
    Shortened chain using various blog advice.
    Put chain back on.
    Too short.
    Take chain off with above procedure and advice ignored - add 2 links. Perfect.
    Try gears.
    Notchy, rough... Can't think why. Forgot to feed chain through rear mech. Take chain off with procedure number 1... or do I? Take rear mech apart. Ha. Forgot to put the tiny little shims in the upper pulley that the genii at campag decided to add for some inexplicable reason.
    Decide to take chain off and start again. PIng off goes missing link so that it's true to it's name. Not a worry, have one spare.
    Find shims. Can't find shims.
    Go to bed... f*ck it.

First thing, go on hands and knees searching for 2 shims. whilst toots eat brekky looking at Dad with the full realisation that Daddy is not right on the head.
    Take toots to nursery.
    Find shims. Success. Breath in and out slowly.
    Find missing link. FAIL. Look behind book cases and whatever is occupying the floor space and in the process, find dust and remnants of toots 'what they had' and end up cleaning and hoovering.
    Clean chain.
    Clean Jockey wheels and lubricate.

Put it all back together in less than 10 minutes.

Must go pick up toots as the 15 hours (split up into 5 equal parts) free per week provided by the government is about to expire for today.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    The riding is great this time of year even if it is in London rush hour - clear, dry, cool and sunny. Apart from when the diesel fumes fog things up a bit. Had a quiet chuckle this morning when I saw some smart alec school kid trying to be cool on his skateboard and head planting the pavement. He got up OK so I carried on.

Still no conclusion on summer holidays so will keep trying until the wifey based indecision stops :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Just had one of my sandwiches, ham and camembert in a ciabatta roll. Absolutely delicious, listening to people trying to work out what the smell was only added to my enjoyment. One guy eventually concluded it was coming from the recon cylinder heads on the far side of the office.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just had one of my sandwiches, ham and camembert in a ciabatta roll. Absolutely delicious, listening to people trying to work out what the smell was only added to my enjoyment. One guy eventually concluded it was coming from the recon cylinder heads on the far side of the office.
    You want to give that 'Stinking Bishop' cheese a try, they'll think the drains are blocked :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    I've just been to look a cheese factory where there has been an explosion.

All I could see was debris...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    I've just been to look a cheese factory where there has been an explosion.

All I could see was debris...

Boom boom.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    The...on.

Still no conclusion on summer holidays so will keep trying until the wifey based indecision stops :roll:

That' will take a while...
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    'noon

spent the day lazing by the pool, except for lunch when i had the club sandwich and chips, mmm

the weather forecast is one long succession of w1.png

scorchio :)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dangerous game you mentioned the other day, suggesting things you don't want to do in the hope she will go for your preferred option. Could well lead to disaster.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno with you on loosing things, lost a pivot bolt on the MTB at the weekend, in the jeffing woods though. Still found it an loctited the hell out of it that thing is NOT coming back out un less I want it too.

Today is meh shoot all sleep last night on account of A&E with the mother. What ever I ate there (Le Slop) didnt agree with me stomach feels rough today. Returned the mother home shes now moaning about half a day in the sun wasted. Warned her its going to snow on Monday so take note Homer need to get that summer bike used quick!
  • homers_double
    I don't have a summer bike :cry:

yet.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dangerous game you mentioned the other day, suggesting things you don't want to do in the hope she will go for your preferred option. Could well lead to disaster.

Sometimes we make life far too complicated and amplifies the need to peel the layers back to a simple and straightforward question.

Stevo's wife is probably on the equivalent of the BB on mumsnet stating her husband has lost the plot with crap holiday suggestions...... :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • pinno
    Loctite... now there's a thought...

Might be Stevo's answer to his problems too and stick HD to his bike so he lasts more than 23 miles.
  • homers_double
    Using a conversion factor of 0.621 I managed 37.38 miles this morning thank you very much.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Nice day here, just about to leave so hopefully a pleasant cycle home!

Victoria Wood has died now, what is going on with celebrities these days?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • pinno
    Using a conversion factor of 0.621 I managed 37.38 miles this morning thank you very much

KM to M - divide by 8 and times by 5.
    M to KM - divide by 5 and times by 8.

BTW, Well done. How many home made burgers did you burn off?
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I know her well enough that she usually goes against my suggestions, so it's not a bad bet. The less preferable option is not bad, just more expensive :P
  • Stevo_666
    Slowmart wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Sometimes we make life far too complicated and amplifies the need to peel the layers back to a simple and straightforward question.

Stevo's wife is probably on the equivalent of the BB on mumsnet stating her husband has lost the plot with crap holiday suggestions...... :wink:
    I'm convinced there is a forum for women called EPOnet.
  • veronese68
    Got home and fell asleep on the couch, woke up and had scoff. Just had a shower and about to go to the pub.
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    'noon

spent the day lazing by the pool, except for lunch when i had the club sandwich and chips, mmm

We used the satellite network to track you down SG.

54197b6503b7d.jpg
  • slowmart
    fp_whaler_harpoon_800x600_4217.jpg
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • slowmart
    Boredom must be high, HD posts a selfie of himself and a couple of dodgy haircuts and now Buddha lets slip his weight is ballooning quicker than the bad guy on James Bond who gets shot with the air canister and implodes on the ceiling.

Desmond Tutu
  • homers_double
    Well you can't post a selfie of someone else can you...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    That bloke on the hijacked plane posted a picture taken by someone else and called it a selfie. Clearly not very bright, but does it mean the definition is changing? Or does it mean a large section of the general public are morons? I know which I believe.
  • sungod
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    'noon

We used the satellite network to track you down SG.

pfft! this is closer to the mark, just needs a shave

Jupiter_Smyrna_Louvre_Ma13.jpg
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    ^^ Not much of a tan
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    it takes a while to shake off the uk pallor
  • verylonglegs
    verylonglegs Posts: 3,949
    Veronese68 wrote:
    That bloke on the hijacked plane posted a picture taken by someone else and called it a selfie. Clearly not very bright, but does it mean the definition is changing? Or does it mean a large section of the general public are morons? I know which I believe.

I was ranting about this to some people at work when it was in the news, he was a muppet.