Canyon

the big bitch
the big bitch Posts: 68
edited May 2016 in MTB buying advice
Evening all,

Does anyone know if Canyon have sorted their issues with deliveries out.

Comments

• rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Nope. I know people who are still waiting after several months.
    Take a look at Rose Bikes or Raidon for equally good value and good bikes without the twelve year wait.
  • Cheers, I will cross canyon off my list then. Also looking at the nukeproof mega team 27.5 but I will look the ones you suggested.
  • rockmonkeysc
    I had a Mega TR for a year. Good bike ruined by an awful shock. You'd want to budget for a shock upgrade. I fitted a Cane Creek DB Inline which absolutely transformed the ride.
  • gazcarsf1
    gazcarsf1 Posts: 130
    My m8 received his new canyon spectral CF 9Ex bang on time to the day, no delays for him absolutely spot on, he has had his bike about 4 weeks now. same with my others m8 who bought a strive bang on time as well. not sure but Is it not just the road bikes that are delayed?

Why not phone canyon UK, they should be able to advise.
    Cube reaction gtc race 2011 26er, Canyon spectral al 8.0 2014, cube reaction gtc race 2015 29er
    How much for that!!!!!
  • Gazcarsf1 wrote:
    My m8 received his new canyon spectral CF 9Ex bang on time to the day, no delays for him absolutely spot on, he has had his bike about 4 weeks now. same with my others m8 who bought a strive bang on time as well. not sure but Is it not just the road bikes that are delayed?

Why not phone canyon UK, they should be able to advise.

Cheers mate, I will do that. That's the same bike iam looking at. Does your m8 rate it??
  • markhewitt1978
    markhewitt1978 Posts: 7,614
    Canyon are fine if you have a bike to ride in the meantime, but I wouldn't order from them if I'd be left with nothing.
  • I had a Mega TR for a year. Good bike ruined by an awful shock. You'd want to budget for a shock upgrade. I fitted a Cane Creek DB Inline which absolutely transformed the ride.

The shock on the mega team is rock shox monarch plus
    RC3 I thought it was a good shock??
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    I had a Mega TR for a year. Good bike ruined by an awful shock. You'd want to budget for a shock upgrade. I fitted a Cane Creek DB Inline which absolutely transformed the ride.

yes and its a totally different suspension system (and bike) to the one RMSC had but as you are new to the forum you have to understand that RMSC is a riding god with "mates" you have riden every bike under the sun.
  • rockmonkeysc

It's the Monarch RCT3 , not the Plus. It's uncomfortably harsh, I know others who have complained about the same problem.
    My Transition came with another Monarch RCT3 but with the Debonair air can and it was definitely a lot better. I swapped it on to the Mega to used the Cane Creek on the Tranny and the Debonair can definitely improves things on the Monarch and is only about £80 as an aftermarket upgrade.
  • I had a Mega TR for a year. Good bike ruined by an awful shock. You'd want to budget for a shock upgrade. I fitted a Cane Creek DB Inline which absolutely transformed the ride.

It's the Monarch RCT3 , not the Plus. It's uncomfortably harsh, I know others who have complained about the same problem.
    My Transition came with another Monarch RCT3 but with the Debonair air can and it was definitely a lot better. I swapped it on to the Mega to used the Cane Creek on the Tranny and the Debonair can definitely improves things on the Monarch and is only about £80 as an aftermarket upgrade.

Cheers for explaining that. ;) I will bear that in mind when ordering my me bike. Still not set in stone which one I want. Need to try a few out.
  • rockmonkeysc
    Take a look at the Rose Granite Chief and Saracen Ariel as well
  • simmo3801
    simmo3801 Posts: 486
    I ordered a Canyon Nerve AL 9.0 SL on 19th April and had it delivered yesterday 4th May. It was showing as in stock in my size (M). I emailed them to confirm what their intepretation of "in stock" was and they said it meant that all the components were in stock to build that bike so it would just require a build date from the factory. They then emailed me after I placed my order to give an estimated delivery of 03/05 - 06/05 so spot on in my case. Only confusing thing was they put the date month first so in the email it said delivery for 05/06 so I emailed them again to clarify I wasn't going to wait over a month. I'm delighted with the bike and happy with their comms and service.
    Giant Anthem X3 2013