Too early on a Tuesday...

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,976
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
Up at 5.45 to go for a ride before work, lovely and sunny but it looks cold. Bed is warm and tempting, hmmmmmm.

A ride would be more productive though so I'll catch you all later.
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh day planned, but as its from home let's see if I can get the enthusiasm for a quick run
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    off to the office soon, leaving early though as flying tonight

need to try and at least not put on even more weight, gym stuff packed, question is can i summon the willpower to do it every day and resist the urge for chips with every meal, mmm, chips
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Sitting on a train heading for our capital city

Thinking of a ride the afternoon before a Skype call this evening
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Definitely too early on a Tuesday. Knackered after boring committee meeting for the scout group last night. Had to drive in to work so I can get back to take the girl in to school for a while later. Traffic was dreadful considering how early it was. First cup of tea is nothing but a fading memory now, second cup is imminent though.
    Did HD make it for his ride or did he go back to his nice warm bed like any normal person?
  • homers_double
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    reached office in one piece in spite of efforts of erratic weaving twat in small red car who seemed to confuse 'no left turn' sign with 'left turn and see if you can get the guy on the bike'

considering nipping out for food, wondering if i go for it now can i hold out until the evening
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    I thought that might be the noise your alarm made after going back to bed. Not surprisingly it turns out you are not normal and went for your ride, well done. I would have loved to go back to bed this morning.
  • homers_double
    Same routine tomorrow except I've booked a survey for a bit later so will be able to manage a slightly longer ride.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Spring has well and truly sprung here in Megacity 1. Just waiting for the temperature to go up and dress code to be adjusted accordingly. The top brass are away so I'm in charge for now :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Got up. Went to work. 3 cups of tea, Rich Tea biscuits for dunking and some Bride cake later...

My Sealey Angle grinder died on me with the thought 'I knew I should have replaced my old Bosch with a new one' in my head.
    Elected to shop around and get a Bosch. Got the Bosch on offer - bonus. 2 hours later I was back in the shop with it :roll:
    No others in stock until next week.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    Bored now, want to go home which isn't going to improve things as I'm going watching a kids football match.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    in the virgin atlantic clubhouse watching the sun set over heathrow

had a shower, dropped off pointy shoes for a proper polish, been to the deli counter for starters, had a few bubblies, contemplating the menu now, there are healthy options... but i just can't resist the cheeseburger and chips, man i'm weak willed when it comes to this

the kilos are piling up, at this rate light'll be bending around me by christmas, maybe i could guest at the royal institution lectures?
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Work meh day planned, but as its from home let's see if I can get the enthusiasm for a quick run

Started working rather than running, so stopped and six and had a quick hour on the dirty bike - lots of smiles not many miles
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    in...this

the kilos are piling up, at this rate light'll be bending around me by christmas, maybe i could guest at the royal institution lectures?

Come on, how tall are you and how fat are you? Seen as you've had a few, you might just spill...
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    in...this

Come on, how tall are you and how fat are you? Seen as you've had a few, you might just spill...

three kilos heavier than late last year, first digit is now an 8, i'm saying no more, but it's bloody creeping up on me, like something squidgy and malevolent from quatermass

on the plus side, my pointy shoes are all shiny, and the blonde waitress is rather cute, she just bought me another bubbly, should be just about time to finish it before they call boarding, hic
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    in...this

three kilos heavier than late last year, first digit is now an 8, i'm saying no more, but it's bloody creeping up on me, like something squidgy and malevolent from quatermass

on the plus side, my pointy shoes are all shiny, and the blonde waitress is rather cute, she just bought me another bubbly, should be just about time to finish it before they call boarding, hic

I've done the maths. 3kg's as a percentage of say 85 is only 3.53%. Whereas 3kg's at my weight is 4.29%.
    As your drag resistance and kinetic energy is potentially far greater, you could downhill faster. In Stevo's case, if there is a half decent headwind, he goes backwards uphill.

Blonde waitress is paid to smile at you.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    in...this

there always part time job opportunities for rotund blokes at Christmas but it's boots as pointy shoes are for your minions or elves.

Good luck in getting a grip and putting the lid back on the biscuit tin is always hard. One is to many and ten is another enough. :wink:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Stevo_666
    I think he should accept the inevitable and change his name to Buddha (fatgod).
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Spent a couple of hours this morning digging. It seemed like an eternity and boring as fcuk. But it seems strangely satisfying surveying a freshly dug plot when I'd finished...Perhaps it's an age thing.
  • tlw1
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Spent a couple of hours this morning digging. It seemed like an eternity and boring as fcuk. But it seems strangely satisfying surveying a freshly dug plot when I'd finished...Perhaps it's an age thing.

Who are you putting in there?
  • ballysmate
    I spent a couple of hours at the wife's grave.
    Stupid cow thinks I'm digging a fish pond.

Boom Boom
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Ballysmate wrote:

Who are you putting in there?
    Himself?

victor_meldrew-buried-up-to-his-head-in-the-garden-Tax-Accountants-Morgan-Jones-Co.jpg
  • ballysmate
    I don't believe it! Youngsters today - no respect.
  • pinno
    Ballysmate wrote:

Have you got spud munchers for relatives? Is Seano visiting?
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    As long as they're floury spuds, none of that soapy rubbish.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי