Ardennes thread

2»

Comments

• dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,564
    Fair enough...

I'll be sure that we get separate spoiler threads for the WT Ardennes races... that ought to keep everyone happy.
  • joelsim
    joelsim Posts: 7,552
    Looks like Froome and Quintana are racing LBL.

Looks like Betancur isn't.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,798
    1 name: Gasparotto.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,159
    Joelsim wrote:
    Looks like Froome and Quintana are racing LBL.

Looks like Betancur isn't.
    You mean Froome will be having a chest infection in Liege.

(I thought he might have a crack at Fleche after his Tour performance on the Mur)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • rick_chasey
    Anyone tempted by Gasparotto at 150-1??
  • The_Boy
    The_Boy Posts: 3,099
    E/W? Worth a nibble.
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    My daughter is at uni in Maastricht. For the third year running, she has got up on race morning and the show has already left town!

She just sent me a picture of the Jumbo minibus on it's way to the finish.
    Half man, Half bike
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,681
    Right you lazy bunch I've created the spoiler thread.
    dish_dash wrote:

BTW big bean is going to have a coronary if we use this thread for all AGR/LBL/FW etc spoilers...

It's almost like I was the only one to complain about the shambles earlier on this season!
    Mad_Malx wrote:
    Lack of 'spoiler' in the title didn't stop BB doing a running commentary on the Basque thread though.

We all have our sensitivities. I like the race name to be in the title and am that not fussed about spoiler tags. Anyone who clicks on an Amstel Gold thread who is trying to avoid the result is, well, a little foolish in my opinion. I mainly interpret the spoiler tag as the forum equivalent of TV channels adding "Live".
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,395
    Ridgerider wrote:
    My daughter is at uni in Maastricht. For the third year running, she has got up on race morning and the show has already left town!

She just sent me a picture of the Jumbo minibus on it's way to the finish.

#BloodyStudents

Have to say i ve still never been down to watch it (or do the sportive) in 4 years....
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey

BOOM.
  • The_Boy

BOOM.

Wasn't riding, was he?
    Team My Man 2018: David gaudu, Pierre Latour, Romain Bardet, Thibaut pinot, Alexandre Geniez, Florian Senechal, Warren Barguil, Benoit Cosnefroy
  • rick_chasey
    Eh?
  • The_Boy
    Eh?

Boom.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    So what chance Dan Martin, now that he has a real classics squad backing him up?
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • The_Boy
    Timoid. wrote:
    So what chance Dan Martin, now that he has a real classics squad backing him up?

Assuming he stays upright?
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Martin, maybe. depends on his respiratory issues. Looks like Liege will be wet for the pro race.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    the cobbled classics followed by this week is the best racing in the world and yet the number of posters is tiny. why is this?????