My first roadbike, Merckx AMX

Pirke
Pirke Posts: 2
edited April 2016 in Your road bikes
After many years of mountainbiking, i've decided to look out for a roadbike to pass the upcoming summer.

I spend a couple of weeks on second hand sites and found this 1-year old Eddy Merckx AMX. The bike was barely ridden, so this was some kind of a bargain.

I think i'm going to level the saddle and change the position of the steering downwards (stands atm totally wrong in my opinion).

The bike has a shimano 105 groupset (3x10).

As we are expecting our second baby, i hope i can start riding in may. We shall see how well the new one sleeps :-)

20160412_170857_zpswmakfnre.jpg

Comments

• SME
    SME Posts: 348
    Looks good. Enjoy... while you can - good luck with no. 2
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    Good starting bike for sure.

A wee tip though - get that saddle level or even just a tiny tad up at the front. That position is going to push your weight down onto the bars which might mean a few aches and pains.
  • KoenM
    KoenM Posts: 95
    Euhm, what's with all the "get your saddle leveled" depends on the body. It is a good starting point, but on my bikefitting for example they raised my saddle nose up a bit.
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    KoenM wrote:
    Euhm, what's with all the "get your saddle leveled" depends on the body. It is a good starting point, but on my bikefitting for example they raised my saddle nose up a bit.

Did you stop reading at 'levelled'?
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    Its all personal, mine is angled nose down by 1 degree, its what works for the OP.

OP - Don't let aesthetics rule you position on the bike, get it to fit you properly first and be comfortable, if its not you will either pick up injuries from being in the wrong position or stop riding it altogether as it will be uncomfortable and unenjoyably.

Oh and congrats on the new addition (and the baby :))
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!