Sit down Saturday

my_grandadʹs_bike
my_grandadʹs_bike Posts: 1,300
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
Well I have been for a bike ride first.

Sofa and soccer for the next few hours followed by I don't really know, hopefully good food and wine but as wifey is on an economy drive things are not looking too hopeful.

Assume you've all gone cycling as its so quiet on here.

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Would love to be out cycling but stripping wallpaper :(

Also had to change the battery on the clock, which would be nice if it wasn't on the outside wall circa 20ft high

Did have a nice 5k park run with the eldest and out for dinner with friends later
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,413
    Been left with the hound while the other two do some school volunteerig work. So am getting on with a few jobs until pick up time as Muttley likes sleeping.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    A few menial jobs this morning then a nice 50km this afternoon, windy though!

The boss decided we were having something nice for dinner tonight as it's Saturday!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:

Also had to change the battery on the clock, which would be nice if it wasn't on the outside wall circa 20ft high

Did have a nice 5k park run with the eldest and out for dinner with friends later

I think the kids had put an old battery back in the battery box, looks like I'm changing the clock battery again tomorrow :(
  • TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

I think the kids had put an old battery back in the battery box, looks like I'm changing the clock battery again tomorrow :(

Little feckers - that would be enough for world war three in our house
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Yeah, nice try TLW.

Sitting down - spot on. Sitting down doing the end of year accounts that probably no one will look at.

So it made the accounts x amount too much and I couldn't figure out the discrepancy.. Got payment for steel?! When it's worth £0 after transport.
    Then it got me thinking. I had given the bloke some business with another company. Thanks mate, nice one.
    Reversed into a man who was delivering to the local pharmacy. :roll: I carried some of the stuff that was on his sack truck in for him. Cute pharmacy woman says "You're delivering this?!" and then I told her that I had run him over - which caused a muted laugh. I asked him if he was okay and he said he was more worried about my car - my indicator and reverse lights were on. so I guess he felt he was partly responsible. I told him not to as it will be scrapped soon.

Crazy week. Crazy day.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

Yeah, nice try TLW.

Sitting down - spot on. Sitting down doing the end of year accounts that probably no one will look at.

So it made the accounts x amount too much and I couldn't figure out the discrepancy.. Got payment for steel?! When it's worth £0 after transport.
    Then it got me thinking. I had given the bloke some business with another company. Thanks mate, nice one.
    Reversed into a man who was delivering to the local pharmacy. :roll: I carried some of the stuff that was on his sack truck in for him. Cute pharmacy woman says "You're delivering this?!" and then I told her that I had run him over - which caused a muted laugh. I asked him if he was okay and he said he was more worried about my car - my indicator and reverse lights were on. so I guess he felt he was partly responsible. I told him not to as it will be scrapped soon.

Crazy week. Crazy day.

Laters.

Doesn't sound a fun day
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    I dunno, someone might after that call I made to the HMRC 'report a dody business' hotline :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I dunno, someone might after that call I made to the HMRC 'report a dody business' hotline :)

I'll know who that 'someone' will be then.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    As if I would do that. I'm one of the good guys after all, here to save you money :P