long good friday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
it's good because i'm skiving, though the cold i picked up is putting a damper on things

on the plus side, the title made me think of helen mirren and acronyms

hmmilf.jpg
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    TFIF.

WTF deity dude, there are much better pictures of Helen than that unless you like em old?
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    ....you think she's old....?
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • sungod
    Slowmart wrote:
    TFIF.

WTF deity dude, there are much better pictures of Helen than that unless you like em old?

image was more about the acroym, m... i... l... f...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Friday at last

Good night out last night, meant shoot sleep, but the first commute for ages has me feeling bright and ready for a day of erm meh

Friday should be pub night but the current wife has suggested missing the pub as we have been out for the last couple of nights!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Hopefully a short good Fryday as it's POETS day. Got to go and take the girl to school later, but don't haveto wait around as my old man will pick her up. This means I can make good my escape and go to the cafe to eat fried piggy. Then I shall come back to work for a short while before bunking off early as I'm ahead on hours for the week. Not much planned for the weekend, might potter in the garage a bit and might even do some work on the Bonneville. Really should put that back together.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Pre work jaunt oer't 'ills done and dusted. Average speed was acceptable, cadence and heart rate were also acceptable.

I'm in calorie defacit today so will treat myself to a mid morning apple.

Going to take two dogs for a walk later and neither are mine, so how does that work? It works by stopping at the pub on the way back!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Going to take two dogs for a walk later and neither are mine, so how does that work? It works by stopping at the pub on the way back!
    Not dog walking in the TKM sort then.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I'm in calorie defacit today so will treat myself to a mid morning apple....stopping at the pub on the way back!

Diet Coke and a bag of chips please?

Triumph Bonneville: Fine example of a gutless, archaic British engineered bike with engines bolted together using paper based gaskets that leaked oil and were as reliable as an alcoholic in brewery. Scrap the f*cking thing or better still - stick it on fleabay and let some other Rose Tinted, gooey eyed twit take it up, put it in the shed for an interminable period with every intention of... putting it on fleabay in 10 years time after another period of decomposition and therefore value equilibrium.

Pedal soon.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    Pinno wrote:
    I'm in calorie defacit today so will treat myself to a mid morning apple....stopping at the pub on the way back!

Diet Coke and a bag of chips please?

If it's at The Fish it'll be a pint of Hop House 13 Lager, if it's The Beach then standard 1664 will suffice.

No chips shall be harmed during the making of this post.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    just received an email from the imf letting me know i've inherited 18 million usd, they need my address and a copy of my passport, then two diplomats will deliver it to my door, seems legit, wondering whether to go for it

Remember you have to keep this transaction very secret for Fear of betrayal

oops, i blew it, maybe i'll skip this one, dollars are so passé
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Triumph Bonneville: blah blah blah...
    It's worth rather more now than it was when I bought it. Built it's value will jump again. Don't need anything faster than that round here, it's faster than most other bikes in traffic because it's small and manoeuvrable with a bit of grunt. They leak oil because of excess crankcase pressure, easily fixed. I rode one to work every day for 5 years. Insurance was negligible, tax was free, consumables were negligible and it increased in value over that time. If you were to add in petrol costs I'd be down a little bit over the 5 years, but even cycling may have cost more when resale at the end of the 5 years is factored in.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Yay, escaped early and on the train home. Need to send one email tonight once I get some info from minion still in the office then its Absolut o'clock :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    Hop house 13 it was!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Change of plan on the dinner front. Wifey has been busy so I'm down the chippie getting battered cod, chips and mushies 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    3 hour ride started with a light breeze, then the sun cam out, then the wind picked up and I started to think I just have picked a tail wind home route, then the hail and rain... fooked.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    3 hour ride started with a light breeze, then the sun cam out, then the wind picked up and I started to think I just have picked a tail wind home route, then the hail and rain... fooked.
    Shame, a bit of snow and you could have had a full house.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    TLW1 wrote:
    Friday at last

Good night out last night, meant shoot sleep, but the first commute for ages has me feeling bright and ready for a day of erm meh

Friday should be pub night but the current wife has suggested missing the pub as we have been out for the last couple of nights!

So, ended up in the pub and a supplier took me out for lunch - happy days :)
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

They say April comes in like a Lion and out like a Lamb...

It's been chilly up here and it's a late spring. If I could only spend the winter in a warm place and come back for the summer.
  • Having some Friday beer. It's much like beer on any other day, but it's Friday. Made some onion bhajis for a starter, but made loads and ate them. Forgotten how easy they were to make. The main part of the curry is breakfast, I suppose.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Pinno wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

They say April comes in like a Lion and out like a Lamb...

It's been chilly up here and it's a late spring. If I could only spend the winter in a warm place and come back for the summer.
    I was always told that March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. Perhaps that gets moved the further north you get.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Snow in the Borders
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Snow in the Borders

2 deg c here right now and dropping. Sky's cleared and the moon is out.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Snow in the Borders

2 deg c here right now and dropping. Sky's cleared and the moon is out and Pinno is howling.
  • pinno
    No, I am definitely a fair weather loon.