Trying Thursday

ballysmate
ballysmate Posts: 15,921
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
Another day, another thing sent to p1ss me off.
That piece of sh1t that the French laughingly call a car, belonging to my missus is playing up again.

Time to open the wallet again. :cry:

Comments

• homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Same old same old, 5.45 alarm call which then have a 60 minute snooze applied.

Truck is in for a service today so I'm stranded in deepest darkest Peru/office with only green things to munch on.

The boy is at football tonight and I might end up sitting there watching as there is naff all else to do on a Thursday.

How's the head Mr V Richmond wobbling beer drinking pig killling tea drinking biscuit dunking 68?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Head improving slowly, number of cups of tea consumed needs to be greater than pints quaffed before full recovery I reckon. I'm on my 4th cup of tea at the moment so need at least one more. Also had an Eccles cake to help things along. Very slow ride in this morning, every little bump was magnified by the hangover. Got a supplier in telling us all about his wonderful cooling fans today, must try to stay awake as it's not the most interesting subject. His job is made easier by the fact that the biggest player in the market has just pulled out of the automotive sector.
    How do I fit a snooze function to the shouty bint next door?
    Onwards and upwards...
  • homers_double
    This thread isn't trying at all. Having rice cakes with low fat cottage cheese for lunch is trying, in more ways than one.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Did I mention the company is buying pizzas today because of the training sessions? I think HD may be looking for that middle finger emoji again.
  • homers_double
    There is no emoji, so have this instead.

1682009-inline-247128-10151427078843424-1278522869-n.jpg
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    This thread isn't trying at all. Having rice cakes with low fat cottage cheese for lunch is trying, in more ways than one.

f'ing lightweight. I'll raise you your rice cakes with devils cum splurged all over them with a fruity rice salad......

Waiting for clients to push the go button on various projects...... daughters birthday today and it seems I've blinked and she's grown up.

Legs are aching from a early morning threshold ride, but aching in a good way....

Fucking Nigerians are late with payment again, but its the last payment in the contract and I'm switching their server off tomorrow :twisted:
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Another day, another thing sent to p1ss me off.
    That piece of sh1t that the French laughingly call a car, belonging to my missus is playing up again.

Time to open the wallet again. :cry:

Wife came home last night complaining her 207 was lacking power. It was parked in front of the house, ignition off, locked but sounding like a Eurofighter as the fan was running. Warning message has come up on the dash, 'Anti pollution fault'
    Search of t'internet revealed alll manner of potential causes, but one particular caught my eye - oil filler cap not sealing properly. This was within my mechanical capabilities.
    Took said cap off, put it back on. Cured fan but message still appeared. Took car out and gave it a damn good thrashing. Voila!!
    Missus thinks I'm mechanical genius. Have not said anything to put her straight on that. :wink:
  • veronese68
    Slowmart wrote:
    ******* Nigerians are late with payment again
    Have they recently come into a large sum of money and they needed to transfer some of it into your bank account?

Thanks HD. :lol:
    Well done friend of Bally
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    No mechanical fixing for me, just spreadsheet work and yet another plumber coming to quote

Later is a night out with the current wife to see alun cochrane - should be good
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    first audit over, think we are ok although one of our guys ignored repeated chances to dodge a low velocity dum dum round from the auditor, he instead drew a target on his face and got his head blown right off

fortunately we wiped up the splatter and managed to get his wounds downgraded to a mere scratch

one down two to go

currently sitting in the airport lounge gorging myself on beer and the delicious local choc wafer bars, i probably gained a kilo this week, yesterday's lunch had on the menu the unforgettable "breaded pork cutlet of a monstrous size", even my starter was meal for two
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    Well that was cold couple of hours spent on a football field.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Properly busy day at work again, this time due to ignorant people. Why of why have someone senior in finance who isn't trained to be an accountant :roll: Also cheered up the minions by dishing out the pay rises and bonuses. Have to wait a week or two to find out mine...

Day was also made a bit better by the pedal to and from work in nice-ish weather.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,199
    Slowmart wrote:

f'ing...******* Nigerians are late with payment again, but its the last payment in the contract and I'm switching their server off tomorrow :twisted:

Global oil price crash + extra corruption?

Now in a bun fight with Council. Silly barstewards haven't cottoned on to my game and cannot get around their own 'Use of buildings' legislation.
    Listed 20 x 1100 Litre wheelie bins just after 3pm Tuesday, sold all at 6.28pm same day to none other than former neighbour and former Scotland International Colin Calderwood's wife!!

HD: Stranded in Alsager or Stoke?

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!