Moronic Mardi

ballysmate
ballysmate Posts: 15,921
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
Grey and damp outside, not very inviting.
Must prioritise jobs to put off. Digging seems top of the list at the moment to put off. Decisions, decisions. :?
I could stay in I suppose and cement my new found friendship with my new BFF over in CS.

Meanwhile, I think I'll put the kettle on.

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Grey and moist down here as well, had to drive in as I have to go back and take the girl to school for a while later. Traffic was no fun at all, I really don't like driving. Had a few orders to deal with this morning and only a couple of silly questions so a fairly straightforward start to the day.
    Digging is definitely best avoided friend of Bally, unless you're digging a ditch to put neighbours in. Then it's recommended, although hiring a mini digger is preferable for that. Then I'd have to buy a suit.
    Might wander over for some cake and see what's going on.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Rubbish nights sleep last night so there was no way a ride was on the cards this morning. Mind you, I sort of knew that before my head hit the pillow.

Managed to find a repeat of Paris-Roubaix on Eurosport so got half an hour through that, might get to watch the rest later.

Healthy stuff for lunch, fruit for snacking on, its quite rubbish really.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,939
    +1 on the the sleep HD.

Bloody nights seem too long for the amount of sleep I get.

The older I get, the better I was.

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Sleep wasn't too bad, but maybe Monday night wine helped?

Nothing tonight though as off to Birmingham before 6am tomorrow
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    working in hotel room waiting for OH to return from wherever she's vanished to, suspect the pool, which'd explain the lack of response to texts

another 26 minutes and i'm heading for lunch on my own, too long since breakfast
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    sungod wrote:
    working in hotel room waiting for OH to return from wherever she's vanished to, suspect the pool, which'd explain the lack of response to texts

another 26 minutes and i'm heading for lunch on my own, too long since breakfast

Butlins?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Managed to find a repeat of Paris-Roubaix on Eurosport so got half an hour through that, might get to watch the rest later.

Good finish, worth watching. Did you click on 'Videos' ? They usually put it up the following day. It's less 'stuttery' than the live TV.

Still 'decommissioning'. Minions aren't so good at the irregular, non-routine stuff. Worse, the biscuit consumption rate has gone through the roof.

Where's Flaneur?! Any ideas?
    Piusi pumps, primed, restored, cleaned (in no particular order) and listed.
    Bins listed.
    Still waiting for baler part. :evil:

laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    So Piña the narcissist didn't start a daily thread of his own today. :P
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Pinno wrote:
    Worse, the biscuit consumption rate has gone through the roof.

Crumbs!!

A fairly non eventful day here, nothing much to report, my relationship status is a little more complicated than it was this time last week though, in a good way!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Pinno wrote:

Good finish, worth watching. Did you click on 'Videos' ? They usually put it up the following day. It's less 'stuttery' than the live TV.

No I just found a repeat of the race coverage from Sunday so recorded it.

Currently keeping one eye on the BBC weather page and one on the actual weather outside, it's getting better by the hour so by 6ish once the traffic has calmed down a bit I can have my own little Classics ride. The newly named Littleborough-Chadderton-Littleborough will soon have its inaugural running and features it's own section of pave'(ish) the A58.

Well, I've done it before but never publicised it as such...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Currently keeping one eye on the BBC weather page and one on the actual weather outside, it's getting better by the hour.
    Took the girl home after taking her to school for a bit and the sun was shining and the mercury showed 16'C. Jumped on the old MTB and had a slow meander through the park in the sunshine to get back to work. Very pleasant, at least it was until I got here. Should be a nice ride home too.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,433
    TLW1 wrote:
    Butlins?

a hilton in eastern europe, i suspect butlins would be more scenic

she's now gone to the spa
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    sungod wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Butlins?

a hilton in eastern europe, i suspect butlins would be more scenic

she's now gone to the spa

time for the bar?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,162
    Year end dispensed with for now (until the auditors start irritating us), and it's time to get on the bike and head home soon. A lot of the rest of the week will be taken up with objective setting for the minions.

@Pinno - Flan is in 'Sith Ifrica' trying to convince himself he's a free man :) Who has to 'check in' every day by phone :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,318
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Crumbs!!

A fairly non eventful day here, nothing much to report, my relationship status is a little more complicated than it was this time last week though, in a good way!
    Get in there my son! :D I knew you had it you, you sly dog :wink:

Good sleep last night prematurely interrupted by an annoyed missus, reprimanding me for poking her. I promptly rolled onto my back and kept her awake by snoring instead, ha!
    Interviewing 3 minions this week for a job pinno should really be doing.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • pinno
    seanoconn wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Crumbs!!

Get in there my son! :D I knew you had it you, you sly dog :wink:

Good sleep last night prematurely interrupted by an annoyed missus, reprimanding me for poking her. I promptly rolled onto my back and kept her awake by snoring instead, ha!
    Interviewing 3 minions this week for a job pinno should really be doing.

Care to elaborate?
  • Stevo_666
    Even more shocking is the thought that Seano has minions :shock: :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Can't be much of a job if here is only 3 applicants.

I could send him a tried and tested minion.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Can't be much of a job if here is only 3 applicants.

I could send him a tried and tested minion.
    Wanted: Minion for a minion
    Pay: shyte
    Hours: not many as the boss is a lazy tw@t
    Duties: Colouring things in and buying Polish sausage from the shop.
  • pinno
    Most of my minions don't get paid, so a wage?! farq me, they'll be on the next bus to Womble Town.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Most of my minions don't get paid, so a wage?! farq me, they'll be on the next bus to Womble Town.
    Hang on. They had to work for you and didn't get paid for it? I'm not quite seeing the attraction of the job.
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Hang on. They had to work for you and didn't get paid for it? I'm not quite seeing the attraction of the job.

3 main categories of Minions:

Long term unemployed minion.
    Addict minion.
    Loon minion.

... and then add government agencies who insist they do something for their brew money.

Shall I put on their CV's - "owns own box of crayons" ? I'll 'sub' them. Payable back in instalments.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

3 main categories of Minions:

Long term unemployed minion.
    Addict minion.
    Loon minion.

... and then add government agencies who insist they do something for their brew money.

Shall I put on their CV's - "owns own box of crayons" ? I'll 'sub' them. Payable back in instalments.

Arrans back?
  • ballysmate
    Pinno - Lost his gulag, lost his minions, no longer leader of the peanut gallery.
  • tlw1
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Pinno - Lost his gulag, lost his minions, no longer leader of the peanut gallery.

Aahhh honey (roasted)
  • Stevo_666
    He'll have to make do with being chief post whore.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    He'll have to make do with being chief post whore.

He's going to have more time on his hands soon......
  • pinno
    As my sister said "Im so busy, if I had another pair of legs, i'd open up a branch in Plymouth".
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Pinno wrote:
    my sister

pics?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • ballysmate
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    my sister