The Daily Musings Thread...

Comments

• oodboo
    oodboo Posts: 2,171
    Afternoon,
    Just got back from church, that's twice in 8 days. But of a record for me. It's also twice in about 8 years, maybe more, I'm not into God and stuff.
    Last day of the school holidays so later will be baths and getting school stuff ready, plus getting stuff ready for the young uns birthday tomorrow. I'm hoping his new bike turns up tomorrow our there'll be trouble.
    Laters
    I love horses, best of all the animals. I love horses, they're my friends.

Strava
  • thekickingmule
    thekickingmule Posts: 7,957
    Monday

Morning Losers!

I'm feckin' knackered today. Got home at about midnight after walking my friend and her dog. Waaay past my bedtime, but I'll be reet.

Got a headache still, which makes it 2 days in a row, a record for me! I must be dying.

Work, Tesco, home. That's the order of the day.

Laters!
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Reasonable sleep but Monday meh stops the smugness

In Chester today, with a late conference call to muck up the day
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning all,
    Reasonably quiet day yesterday which was needed, unfortunately woken up at stupid o'clock by the neighbour's kids screaming and the bint screaming back at them. Surely you have to be some sort of a moron not to realise screaming at very young children doesn't help. I'm going to have to start digging a ditch.
    Managed a wobble in to work this morning, it was warm and a bit moist. Might get a lot of retail idiots on the phone spilling over this way as there is a sale ending today, think I should probably lie low as I don't like the public.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Depends what was going on, maybe the kid came in to the mothers room stood on the bed screaming while wielding a knife, be a good reason to scream back.
    Anyway legs ache im hungry stuffs broken as per an I want to go home
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Depends what was going on, maybe the kid came in to the mothers room stood on the bed screaming while wielding a knife, be a good reason to scream back.
    Far too regular an occurrence for it to be something like that. Screaming at kids of 1 & 3 to stop crying tends to have the opposite effect. Also teaches them that screaming is acceptable behaviour so it just gets worse. I think I should nip it in the bud by murderising them to death at the earliest opportunity.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    True, seems like your only course of action, also justify's buying a suit ;)
  • oodboo
    Morning,
    Almost died of bad aids worms last night but still made it in to work this morning. Very tired as I barely slept, looking forward to getting to work for a rest but everything was broken. I'm awesome and fixed it and now I can chill out a bit. Think I'll set my alarm and have a nap until lunchtime.
    Laters

Strava
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Afternoon!

Checking everything over for heading off tomorrow, train to Crianlarich for around 2:30pm, then gotta make it to Fort William for the train home Friday 11:40am, should be do-able.

Lucky I checked the bike, the rear axle was stuck, a gentle few taps with a screwdriver/hammer soon sorted that out though.

Time to pack the rucksack hopefully its not too heavy!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Following the years first BBQ I'm still feeling a little worse for wear but that should end soon.

Gonna turn in for an early night tonight I think.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Following the years first BBQ I'm still feeling a little worse for wear but that should end soon.
    Dodgy burgers?
  • oodboo
    Why is it so hard to find Batman stickers?
    I'll have to order some off eBay or something.

Strava
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    ACOAD, but we got the year end tax numbers finished. Woo hoo. Just fixed the fish pond pump which was a mucky job and now its time for a drink...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thekickingmule
    oodboo wrote:
    Like these?
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • oodboo
    oodboo wrote:
    Like these?
    Exactly like that
    Cnut :lol:

Strava
  • thekickingmule
    Tuesday

Morning Losers!

Today I get to leave work early wooo! :mrgreen: I'm off up to Harrogate to collect a couple of items I won in an online auction. I'm looking forward to the motorbike ride up there, except for the horrendous rain that is forecast. That's not going to be fun.

Once I've collected the items, I'll ride home and start making a nice steak pie :D

Laters!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • tlw1
    Working from home today as I need to get through a load of work without being disturbed. Not sure the kids remaining Easter eggs will make it through the day

Later is calm as I have got an early start on Wednesday :(
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Dodgy burgers?

bet they were thin ones from Asda :lol:
  • veronese68
    Monging all,
    Had to drive in today as I'm going back to pick the girl up and take her in to school for a bit later. Traffic wasn't great, anyone would think the Easter holidays were over or something. Hopefully not much else going on today. I'm glad I didn't click on TKM's Batman stickers link, I think I know what it might be. I got a free Batman t-shirt once, but that was a looong time ago.
    Hmm, 8:15 and nobody else has made me a cup of tea yet. I'm going to have to have words about this.
  • schmako
    schmako Posts: 1,982
    Morning, off up north, back friday, better not rain the whole time!
  • thekickingmule
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm glad I didn't click on TKM's Batman stickers link, I think I know what it might be.
    Nooooo you don't. They're awesome :D

Click the Link :twisted:
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Up early and went round Thetford forest from 6:30 to 8. Wet and cold and lots of expensive sounding grinding from the drive chain!
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I'm glad I didn't click on TKM's Batman stickers link, I think I know what it might be.
    Nooooo you don't. They're awesome :D

Click the Link :twisted:
    I've got the t shirt, don't need stickers. :P
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Meh, bored. Meh, email server down. Meh, meh...

And it's flinking well raining.

Meh.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • oodboo
    Typical, buy my son a new bike and it's going to rain from now until forever.

Strava
  • tlw1
    oodboo wrote:

Nice here in Shropshire
  • oodboo
    TLW1 wrote:
    oodboo wrote:

Nice here in Shropshire
    Typical, live in the North East and it's nice in Shropshire.

Strava
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    Any of you tried this? This?
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • thekickingmule
    I have! It's awesome!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    VWsurfbum wrote:
    Any of you tried this? This?
    :D

The old ones are the best.

Evening mongs, year end chaos is over, the boss has pushed off abroad for a few weeks and zi got to pedal and drink free coffee today. So all is well with the world. And tomorrow morning isnvolves a free full Englsh brekkie :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]