natty dread taking over friday

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited April 2016 in The bottom bracket
lazy day today, may go for a ride, or not

several visits to local cafe will be made, soon i shall be sipping the first espresso of the day as i read my international new york times, contemplate the world and wonder if there shall be bacon
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    It's Fryday so bacon is definitely in order. Managed a reasonably pleasant wobble in this morning, if a touch chilly. Hoping for a reasonably quiet day, even though I know it's unlikely, and will then bunk off early as it's POETS day. Or in language Seano can understand:
    blah blah wobble blah blah cold blah blah bacon blah blah POETS blah blah...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    blah blah sun is shining !! blah blah coffee blah blah coughing up the overnight accumulation of green stuff blah blah pedalling will commence after procrastination, porage and work related emails blah blah.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    is blah wobble any relation to jah wobble?
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    ....oh, forgot blah blah does VN68 need a house maid or a new wife ? blah blah punky reggae music blah blah
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    is blah wobble any relation to jah wobble?
    He's the even gobbier elder brother.
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    ....oh, forgot blah blah does VN68 need a house maid or a new wife ?
    No, quite happy with both.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Wobbled around a 35km loop before work today, washed up, bins out, dead mouse put in the wheelie bin, ammended holiday booking for an extra passanger, filled out blood form, had bran flakes, 2 x cups of tea (3 has just boiled) and now onto arranging some grubby steel to be coloured in bright yellow.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ....oh, forgot blah blah does VN68 need a house maid or a new wife ?
    No, quite happy with both.

blah blah maybe get one anyway blah blah so much trouble in the world blah blah she had brown sugar all over her booga wooga blah blah
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Wobbled in from the carpark, im being lazy again. Takes ten minutes to drive in, or the same to cycle in, using the excuse my usual commuter hack is missing a front mech, again lazy i just couldnt be bothered to finish building it. Not trusting the lockup at work with my other two bikes. Last time I brought a nice bike in it ended up with scratches galore on it.

Again Friday woo cake an coffee, well coffee I cant see any cake. Done my self allotted ten minutes of work now nosing online at parts to fix the car can see this ending up pricey.
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Last time I brought a nice bike in it ended up with scratches galore on it.
    That's one of the good things about my new 7:30 starts, I get my bike in at the end between the stand and the wall of the bike shelter so nothing can get near the important bits.
  • homers_double
    When I ride to work I just lean it up in my office.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Last time I brought a nice bike in it ended up with scratches galore on it.
    That's one of the good things about my new 7:30 starts, I get my bike in at the end between the stand and the wall of the bike shelter so nothing can get near the important bits.

If only, ours people purposely leave their locks in "their" spot if you use said spot you usually end up with a note and some marks we have some very odd people here.

Homer, would love to bring it in but theres not really the space. would make runs to the coffee machine more fun though.
  • homers_double
    Buy a cheap throw-away lock and somehow lock their lock?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Buy a cheap throw-away lock and somehow lock their lock?

Always an option. Mind you im hoping to move and/or get a new job so could become non issue anywho.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    No cycling today as working from home :(

Pub later though :)
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    no work for me so had a nice ride this morning bit of lunch and now off to meet the potential love interest, actually that's a bit strong, the potential like interest!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • tlw1
    Chris Bass wrote:
    no work for me so had a nice ride this morning bit of lunch and now off to meet the potential love interest, actually that's a bit strong, the potential like interest!

Taking the rape kit with you?
  • pinno
    Chris Bass wrote:

How did it go? Does she shag on the first date? Were you Jamming?
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

Taking the rape kit with you?

That's not a Bob Marley song.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Evenin All,

Bit of a tough day all told but have left some of the minions crunching the numbers which I will review over the weekend from home. At least we sorted out one of our overseas operations who presented us with an alleged €7m profit hit on the day we needed to finalise profit numbers - that subsequently turned out to be a false alarm :roll:

Knackered now but could really do with catching up on some exercise so may have to go for a run - tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    Went to a garden centre they had a 'home brew' section, couldn't wait to see what plants they had on offer :D

DSC04246.jpg
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • pinno
    "Moonshine - Type 47". I can imagine it.

Is that the garden centre on the way to Sao Rafael?
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,424
    It's in a field near lagoa, hidden away behind some large shrubs 8)
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Pinno wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

you assume it was the first date!! jamming was kept to a minimum as was raping!! but went well!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • tlw1
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

you assume it was the first date!! jamming was kept to a minimum as was raping!! but went well!

Fail
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:

Here's some top tips :)
    https://youtu.be/Rj4Nxsj_1t4
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]